liquid light

I don't know for certain on mylar (though Estar is a similar polyester), but Liquid Light can be used on polished glass with correct surface preparation (must be *clean*). Develop in whatever you normally use for prints (Dektol, Neutol, etc.).

You may have trouble with curling and buckling if the material isn't stiff enough; sheet film stock is something like .007" thick to make it stiff enough for rigidity, but even roll film stock is five to ten times thicker than most commercial "mylar" film. And without a gelatin anti-curl coating on the back side, you may find it impossible to keep your material flat even if it's thicker.

Liquid Light is a Rockland product, and there may be problems applying to smooth, hard, non-pourous surfaces, as they need to be prepared. This is called "subbing." I suggest you visit:>>> www.rockaloid.com/products.html <<< Perhaps they can advise you

• 1 month later...
I had a chance to scan some glass negatives that were subbed with egg whites (albumen). They were shot in the late 1800's. A friend of mine is an antique buff and loaned them to me. The images were sharp!! don't be hesitant, just do it.Polish and clean some glass with a cleaner Like denatured alcohol, paper towel wipe and coat with albumen, let dry and coat with liquid light. I am going to try when I have some time to spare.