WOW! Steam-pushing with hydrogen peroxide

AHH,Thats the missing link,1 bar pressure.Not having a fish bowl handy,as per the original suggestions,I used a mixture of developing tanks.I now think that when my tank lid popped off it was due to the pressure!!& then all was lossed.I will give it one more try & be less ambitious (no more 6400).I will however still insert the Gregorian Chant for good measure.

Well, I definitely didn't get that much pressure in the tank I used. It's an old two-reel medium format Nikor tank with a leaky stainless lid.

I'll have to dig around the kitchen for something that will allow the build-up of vapor pressure and try again.

As long as you don't mistake the Selenium for the salt you'll be OK.

After all, It was old Ansel that used a microwave to test dry his prints. BTW, you all do know that "steam" for "Latensification" is only one method for boosting speed and is variable by film type used?

• 4 months later...
I just did a Giggle search as recommended by photo.net before posting a new question. I was looking for the technique for doing this without going through a five foot stack of photo magazines for the recipe I used around 1979 to push Tri-X to 64000 ASA to shoot a demolition derby. What I remember of the process was a shorter development in Edwal FG-7 and then with the lights out I poured the developer out, opened the tank, put in a premeasured amount of household peroxide that would cover an empty film spool that would go in next. After the lid was back on the tank was placed in a print tray with really hot water (don't remember the temp required or the time to steam before dumping out the peroxide and removing the empty spool to continue with stop and fix. It worked well but I didn't get the shutter speed I had hoped for. Maybe I can put my hands on a few prints tomorrow.