System error

patricia_eifel

I posted an image yesterday:

http://www.photo.net/photo/1909482

The thumbnails look fine but when I click on the thumbnail in my portfolio or in the

gallery, the image appears but the comments, rating sections, etc. are replaced by a

server error message. It must be showing up in the critique section because it has

received a few ratings but if there are any comments, I can't see them. I haven't

posted in a while-- Is this a widespread problem or is it just my bad luck. Any fix?

Still happens -- this is the message under the image of my photo.

"HTTP/1.0 500 Internal Server Error Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1

MIME-Version: 1.0 Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 14:29:14 GMT Server: NaviServer/2.0

AOLserver/3.3.1+ad13 Content-Length: 547 Connection: close

Server Error

The requested URL cannot be accessed due to a system error on this server"

I have posted another image today with no

problem. Perhaps I will just delete and try again. Thanks.

Somehow, you have managed to get two critique requests for the same image in the database and the code to display a photo explicitely requires there to be at most 1. When I viewed your image, everything was fine. When I logged in as you (special admin privilege), I got the error too. I will delete one of these bboard threads and then everything should be fine.

Note for Brian: I'm not sure if it helps, but I have copied the relevant details from the server's error log. Let me know if you need it.

Patricia: did you notice anything strange when adding this photograph or when asking for the critique? Did you press reload (maybe because the server was slow and you thought nothing happened)? I'm not saying this is your fault (the software should handle these cases gracefully!) -- just trying to figure out how this happened.

Not sure how it happened. I did load it twice though. The first time I left right after

hitting the button. When I went back to the computer, the image didn't seem to have

loaded so I tried again. Next time I looked I noticed the error. Would have deleted the

image and tried again but I couldn't because of the error message.

Patricia