Does anyone include a small 35mm in your medium format kit ?

conrad_poulin

Yes, sort of...I wanted to carry a beater FE2 with me as a backup, but there is only so much that goes into a bag. The ideal solution? I bought my girlfriend an FM3a, it is not so heavy where she can't carry the tripod still, HAHAHA.

There are some tiny new model digitals that I want, you may look into those. We were hiking in a wadi near the Dead Sea and as we were downing some refreshing wine afterwards when some camels walked up to us. We took some really, very fun and funny pics and MF was not the format to use. so when you walk 15 klicks to a place, why limit yourself to a particular type of photography?

Cheers bro,

md

My travel kit for Urban destinations includes the following inside a mini trekker:

Pentax 67 body w/ WL and prism finders, 90mm and 55mm SMC lenses, a Nikon FM2n body w/ a 20mm f2.8 and a 50mm f1.8 , I can carry that all day in hot weather. If needed i take a gitzo 1228 w/. a small ball head.

I bring along a 35mm camera for two main reasons:

1. When traveling, I use a Minox GT 35mm camera as a back-up camera. It has a very sharp lens and it is feather light.

2. At photo-sessions, I use a Canon T90 with the 300TL flash as a back-up. Quite often the images obtained with the Canon are better looking that those obtained by a Rolleiflex TLR or Fuji BL690 range finder camera. It offers more felixiblity and is a great back-up system.

I'm a High School student, so I can't easily afford a backup MF for my ETRS. A body, maybe (an ETR), but not lenses.

Last night I shot our high school's graduation. Not a paid shoot, just planning on making some money off of print sales.

I had the ETRS on tripod with flash, and my good 'ol SRT-100 over my shoulder with a 135/2.8 shooting ambient light. When the ETRS lost sync with the flash just before the diplomas were handed out, I was able to switch to a Nikon 6006 with 70-300 zoom (yeah, not the best backup, but my mother loaned it to me indefinately).

Thanks to all for the many responses to my post. I am

vacationing for a week this summer. I am taking two medium

formats (one with 2 backs) one tlr,and Some Pentax 35 stuff. I

am also including a mint little $ 20.00 Agfa silette 35 viewfinder

with a couple of filters screwed into a lens hood to hold over the

lens when needed. This camera will be in a bag with my tlr for a

light weight b&w camera if anyone has used these old small 35

mm from the fifties I would like to hear of your results. The agfa

has a 3.5 45mm Opotar lens. Im really not expecting much from

it as I would guess the lens may be lacking contrast and

sharpness. Again if you have used anything like this how are the

results and up to what size did your prints hold up ?

Olympus 35SP (wonderful 7-elements fixed lens and rangefinder camera - with built in spotmeter). Looks nice as well :-)

Been charmed by the Olympus-OM range lately and find myself stealing my wife's OM-2n more and more when I don't use my Hasselblad.

I carry a contax g1 and 35 and 90mm lenses with my 500cm and two backs. I also carry a 35mm P&S. This is my travel kit. For working out of a car or similiar, I use two p67s, 3 lenses and two nikons and a bunch of nikkors.

I shoot B&W with the hassie and Supra 100 in the contax. I'm currently doing this as my only scanner is a 35mm scanner. I'm planning to upgrade to a MF scanner and larger (13") printer in the near future.

My favorite combination for photography dedicated hikes is to bring my 4x5 Linhof Technika in a backpack along with my Fuji GS645S rangefinder in a fanny pack. I use the Fuji to look for interesting compositions, usually without setting up my tripod. If the composition looks really good for large format, I will then set up the 4x5. I also rely on the Fuji's exposure meter for 4x5. I then do not need to carry my spot meter. This combination only works when I am by myself. Friends and family will not put up with the slow pace and delays. The Fuji rangefinder works great by itself on accompanied hikes.