TMY II (MORE) Image Results

A personal note: IMO this particular roll of TMY II when paired with D-76 1:1 is not a 400

speed film. It seems to be closer to a 640 speed film with a great tolerance not to blow

the highlights when shot at 400.

The three above images were shot at 400 and I wish I had shot them at 640, if not 500.

The shadow detail is outstanding for the RBRR image. In the field, MT Si had much greater

shadows on it.

With the moon over the Cascades could of done better than 1/500 @ 7.1. Should of done

1/640 @ 7.1 Or switched to my B+W 040 (yellow - orange ) or B+W 090 (RED).

From KODAK:<br/>

"Conversion will occur on a stock-turnover basis, beginning in December 2007."<p/>So, it looks like we won't be able to get it until the current inventory of TMY has been sold out. Bummer! I'm really anxious to shoot with this stuff.

Nos. 1 & 2 look grain-clumpy in the sky. Nice tonality, though. Since the contrast also looks higher on 1 & 2, I'm thinking that probably exaggerated the grain. I've gotten clumpy grain from the old TMY, with a 6 x 6 negative only able to withstand enlargement to 11 x 14. I wonder if this is a characteristic of TMY, whether new or old--or of development? I used TMax developer, and at the time I blamed the grain on the developer. Better with D-76, I thought at the time. But here you used D-76; so . . . ? Were all the solutions kept at the same temperature?