Sekonic L-358 Light meter Auto Shut-off ?

hjoseph7

For anybody that has a Sekonic L-358 Light Meter, or has used one, do you know if this Light Meter has an Auto Shut-off feature ? Mine seems to stay on all the time unless I hit the Power button ? I checked the manual and it does say that the iluminated LCD turns off by itself, but nothing about the meter itself.  

I don't own one but the LCD would probably drain more battery power than the meter itself, so to save battery power, the LCD turns off, but leaves the meter ready for instant use when needed during your session. And of course the LCD would also light up again when you activate the meter for your next reading.

The problem is that this meter is very easy to turn on. All you have to do is tap the Power button. To turn Off the light meter you have to tap and hold the Power button. The LCD is only illuminated in low light. Otherwise, the meter displays your last reading, whether you took it 2 minutes ago or 2 weeks ago.  I'm not sure how much this drains the sort of expensive 6V battery ?

I noticed this when I took a reading earlier during the day, then I went out to run some errands. About 1 hour later I returned home and my last reading was still being displayed on the LCD !

My Minolta meter turns Off after about 2 minutes to save battery power ?  It's no big deal, all I have to do is remember to turn the meter off, but supose the meter is inadvertently turned On while in my bag which is very easy ? 

After thoroughly reading the Manual this is what it says:

[5. Auto Power Off function
1. To conserve battery power, the meter will turn off about twenty minutes after last use.
2. Whether the Auto Power Saving feature turns the power off or the Power button u is pressed,
the settings and measured values remain stored in memory. When the Power button is pressed
again the last settings are displayed.]

It could be there is something wrong with my meter ?