Did anybody see the Black Friday deals on the Canon R5

Mark Keefer

I saw the Canon R5 body for $2999 and other Canon Black Friday deals. If I had  $3150 disposable cash laying around it would sure be tempting. But I don't and perhaps getting to old to start over with a new mount system and cards...of course there is the adapter for EF lenses. Who knows what the future holds for me.

So did anyone buy any new Canon gear or plan to? Cyber Monday is tomorrow. 😉

• Like 1
Cheers, Mark

12 hours ago, Mark Keefer said:

perhaps getting to old to start over with a new mount system and cards...

Ditto.  

My pattern (after buying the original AE-1 shortly after it was introduced) has been to "jump in" to a camera or system after it's a generation or 2 old.  

Edited by zakslm
  • Like 1

Cyber Monday is still a thing, I guess, but it was invented as a result of people having faster internet connections at work, so they kept on ordering online after the Thanksgiving day weekend.

One can also wait until the rumored R5ii is announced, again rumored to occur in the 1st Q of 2024. 

• Like 1

I jumped in early with the R7 and kit lens a little over a month ago. I bought it locally at a big box store (actually a huge box store) and got a 5% discount just for walking in. I haven't seen any deals on that and nothing with lenses to tempt me yet so I think I did okay buying it when I did. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...