Very rare camera or a ordinary one? (Acies Camera)

I recently acquired an Acies camera, probably from the 40's/50's the problem is, I can't find almost anything about this camera. only found out so far that it was made by F.A.F., apparently a small company from Italy does anyone know anything about? more details of it? prices? anything?

Hi, good morning, sorry I forgot to add, the camera will probably arrive here on tuesday. It's almost the same as this one. just a few differences in design.

I will add the photo of the model I have as soon as it arrives.

Thank you.

faf-acies-I-7.jpg

Edited by Collector-20
  • Like 1

The camera has arrived, it is different from the images that I found before. The viewfinder/top part is black, and the front is silver. searching on ''collectiblend.com'' I saw that there were prototype models, could it be one variation ?

Thanks for the help guys S2 : )

_MG_1659.JPG

Here's another link, but in Italian. You could ask someone to translate who speaks Italian, the whole link is made up of what looks like screenshots, and therefore can't be translated in an online translator, unless you type the words into the translator manually.

https://bencinistory.altervista.org/002B fotocamere 47/02G1 FAF ACIES.html

Yours appears to be the first model, having 1/150sec top speed. All the others had 1/300sec, and the last two models were just 24mm x 36mm, with no half frame capability.

It looks like a previous owner had a flash sync fitted to the one you just bought, note that it covers the "e" and "s" in the name "Acies".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gordon_yee said:

@Collector-20 - This wouldn't happen to be you, would it?

Rare Film Camera Giorgio Moretti F.A.F. Acies the Only One on Ebay. | eBay

Yes, I really didn't know how to price it, but the value that I mention don't seems right, here is the one announcement that i see. If anyone can help me price it I would be grateful.

1111.JPG

Edited by Collector-20

8 hours ago, kmac said:

Here's another link, but in Italian. You could ask someone to translate who speaks Italian, the whole link is made up of what looks like screenshots, and therefore can't be translated in an online translator, unless you type the words into the translator manually.

https://bencinistory.altervista.org/002B fotocamere 47/02G1 FAF ACIES.html

Yours appears to be the first model, having 1/150sec top speed. All the others had 1/300sec, and the last two models were just 24mm x 36mm, with no half frame capability.

It looks like a previous owner had a flash sync fitted to the one you just bought, note that it covers the "e" and "s" in the name "Acies".

thanks, i will read it.

Sorry.

I've come here to ask for help with that not because of the value, I usually easily find the history of the cameras I take, but this one was difficult, that's why I asked for help here, it wasn't just looking for the value or something like that.

I'm really new here, so really, if I made anyone upset about this, I'm sorry.