Durst anti-static gun

I have never seen this antistatic device.  However, many such devices were available for darkroom use. Both black & white and color films naturally pick up an electric charge that attracts dust and lint. We used an antistatic device on each film just before we placed them in an enlarger. These devices quickly naturized the film's static electric charge. We followed up using a fine brush or blast of canned air. We did this because the enlarger naturally magnified any object that was on the film during the printing operation. If not removed, a white speck or outline of hair or the like is transferred to the print we are making. Dust removal was thus an important step in the dark room. Such antistatic devices are also sold on the internet to remove dust from CD's and DVD. These modern antistatic guns work on film. I would choose a modern one vs. the Durst model of years ago.

• 1 month later...

I've got this device but unfortunately it doesn't work anymore. When pushing the large button integrated at the handle you'll activate a Piezo crystal which generates a high voltage at the holes at the front. Keep these holes nearby the film to neutralize it's electric charge. You will feel an electrical shock when putting your hand in front of the device. So, be careful.