Remoteness.

pavel_l.

This really works!

All I could suggest is to bring out the contrast in the sky a bit more, since the sky takes up so much space. You can't crop the top at all, because of the important element of the second pole from the left, which echoes the scooter.

One more very minor thing: There are a few white elements in the buildings in the background that could be toned down so as not to attract the eye.

Great shot!

This picture does not seem that remote to me ? If you had not told us what it is supposed to mean, I would call it scooter,  or abandoned scooter, or no-so abandoned scooter since "the scooter" seems to be the main subject in the picture.

• Yes! 1

On 7/9/2023 at 10:45 AM, marc_rochkind said:

This really works!

All I could suggest is to bring out the contrast in the sky a bit more, since the sky takes up so much space. You can't crop the top at all, because of the important element of the second pole from the left, which echoes the scooter.

One more very minor thing: There are a few white elements in the buildings in the background that could be toned down so as not to attract the eye.

Great shot!

Thank you marc_rochkind. I'll try your adjustments.

On 7/9/2023 at 1:40 PM, hjoseph7 said:

This picture does not seem that remote to me ? If you had not told us what it is supposed to mean, I would call it scooter,  or abandoned scooter, or no-so abandoned scooter since "the scooter" seems to be the main subject in the picture.

Thank you hjoseph7. I was trying to show the contrast between the city downtown where everything in the walking reach and remote parking lot accessible by vehicle left on empty lot that underscore the main idea.

"... Our perception of the world is a fantasy that coincides with reality."

Chris Frith.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2023 at 8:24 PM, michael_kucinich said:

Has an eerie feel to it. Here we are in a large park near a city, and the only evidence of human activity is this singular scooter. I think it's nicely exposed, and the use of black and white instead of color gives it that more stark feeling.  Very good!

Thank you Michael.

"... Our perception of the world is a fantasy that coincides with reality."

Chris Frith.