Film Camera Week for June 16

Greetings, all, and welcome to our new thread.  Post all the images you like from any film camera.  Tech data and location if you have it.  I'll start with some shots from a roll of Kentmere 100 that I processed and scanned recently.  Camera was Olympus XA.  Film rated at box speed and processed in HC110 dilution H.  Scanned with Epson V600.

Granddaughter playing in Cracker Barrel parking lot.

img955.jpg

• Like 7

The XA and to a somewhat lesser degree, the XA2 and XA3 have a reputation for light fall-off, but with careful composition the effect can be minimized. It really doesn't bother me and if it did I would just crop the images a bit.

The XA series are great little go anywhere cameras, just be sure the battery is good.  The XA-1 is an odd one, though, as it has a selenium meter to drive its programmed aperture/shutter and lens is fixed focus.  Nevertheless, it can produce surprising results.

Debris along HWY 45 after strong winds.  I had this film in camera a while before processing.

img948.jpg

• Like 5

Morning view at West Point animal shelter.  Straight ahead is an area for dogs to play.  On the right is where the feral cats have shelter.  More social cats live in the main building.  One of our cats, Izumi, who often appears in my photos, was adopted from this shelter.

img953.jpg

• Like 4

Karin and I visited a antique store in Taylor, Texas yesterday . The downtown has been renovated in places but it is still pretty rough in others. Many good photo ops there. Camera was my Nikon N80 with a 50 1.8 attached. Film is Delta 100 developed in Rodinal 1-75 for 15 minutes. 

IMG_1386.jpeg

IMG_1385.jpeg

IMG_2023-6-15-113639.jpeg

IMG_1380.jpeg

• Like 8

A few shots from the Semflex Oto B TLR from France, with Flor 75/3.5 lens. Film was Arista EDU Ultra 100, developed in F76+ 1+9. The taking lens has quite a bit of internal haze, thus the backlit highlights can be a bit misty.

Portrait at the market

spacer.png

Portrait at the gate

spacer.png

The bird cage

spacer.png

The bird feeder

spacer.png

The wreath

spacer.png

• Like 9

@rick_drawbridge Hi Rick, I saw you are using PMK Pyro this week. Incidentally I finally got hold of Adox FX-39 II developer from freestylephoto, and look forward to trying it out. Just to double check with you, are you still using the following recipe?

"I'm using a Paterson tank and add 15ml of developer to 300ml of water, developing at 20oC with four gentle agitations on the minute, every minute, for 7.5 minutes."

Edited by bruce_z._li2
typo

@bruce_z._Li2  Love the results you're getting from the Semflex! Crisp and punchy, surprisingly so considering the age and style of the camera.

Regarding the Adox developer, for Arista 100, Kentmere 100 and Ilford FP4 + I'm using a Paterson tank and adding 15ml of developer to 300ml of water, developing for 8.0 minutes @ 20oC with four gentle inversions on the minute, every minute. At first glance the negatives look a little thin and lacking in contrast, but they scan very well indeed.

Looking forward to seeing some of your results!

Edited by rick_drawbridge