How Come?

MrAndMrsIzzy

I recently created two albums "Coastscapes", and "Candeschultz".  Those are the only two albums I've created.  When I go to upload photos, I get the dialog box asking me if I want to upload to an existing album or create a new one.  I click on existing, and the two I've created come up (as expected).  How come?  A third one comes up, that I haven't created, don't know whose it is, or what it's doing on my logon???

Izzy From Brooklyn

Are there images in that third album, and/or does it have a name?

When I view your album list, I only see the two you have referenced.  Have you tried simply deleting the 'intruder?'  ☠️

Edited by PapaTango

"I See Things..."

The FotoFora Community Experience [Link]

A new community for creative photographers.  Come join us!

40 minutes ago, PapaTango said:

Are there images in that third album, and/or does it have a name?

When I view your album list, I only see the two you have referenced.  Have you tried simply deleting the 'intruder?'  ☠️

"Life As It Is", and there are images in it.

When I view my album list, like you I only see the two I've created.

I checked to see if I could access that third album and it seems I can.  But !  Assuming it's a legitimate album, belonging to somebody. I didn't try to do anything with it.

Izzy From Brooklyn

My thinking is like this.

It's not your album, nor your images.  How it got there is not important--yet another odd glitch.  However, it has intruded on your membership and is simply aggravating.

Delete it.  If it were to be important to someone and found missing, they could easily recreate it.  If not, then nobody cares and you have some peace of mind...  😎

"I See Things..."

The FotoFora Community Experience [Link]

A new community for creative photographers.  Come join us!

1 hour ago, Normanski said:

It looks like the rogue album was created by this fella

https://www.photo.net/profile/539723-mohammed-magdy/

You might want to contact him to confirm this and see what can be done about it

I saw that too.  At the moment however, it is as Papa Tango points out, more of an annoyance than a problem.  I do think it's some kind of weird glitch rather than a deliberate invasion (so to speak).  That said, I'm not going to be posting anymore stuff (at least for the moment) to either of the two albums I created, so I'm going to hold off for a while and see what happens.

Edited by MrAndMrsIzzy
Izzy From Brooklyn

If you are not sure why the third album is showing up, you can try checking to see who created the album. If you are using a shared computer, it is possible that another user has created the album. You can check to see who created the album by right-clicking on it and selecting "Get Info."

Also, you can delete it by right-clicking on it and selecting "Delete." Sometimes, Smart Albums are created by iPhoto based on criteria that you specify. You can rename, edit or export the album at your convenience.

Looking at the details of the suspect album I see that the box that allows anyone to submit photos to it has been checked. All of the other member albums that I have looked at do not have this box checked and allow only the original  album creator to submit.  I am thinking that this is why the suspect album appears in the list of albums that the OP has mentioned.  If this is the case it may be that the site considers this function a "feature" and it is not really a glitch. I believe hat I can uncheck that box and we can see if that alters the situation. Any thoughts?  Regards.

2 hours ago, MrAndMrsIzzy said:

I'm on my way out right now, I'll check it as soon as I get back....Izzy

2 hours ago, WJT said:

I unchecked the box.... Let me know if this changed the situation.

Thanks again!  Looks like that was the problem.

Izzy From Brooklyn