Film Camera Week for May 19

Greetings, all, and welcome to our new thread.  Post all the images you like from any film camera.  I'll start with some from a roll of Rollei Retro 80S that I processed and scanned earlier in the week.  Camera was Minolta XE with lens described with picture.

Heavy equipment

Minolta MD 24-50 f 4

img916.jpg

• Like 5

Some nice stuff here!  RickD inspired with the T90?, JamesB has Distagon too far in the Great Smokies, MikeG too, nice "wides" sharp Rokkor lenses. LuisT's gritty street shooting.. that first one with the sailors.. GRReat  
Myself? I will once again feature "the greatest hits"  from last year. I chose these two similar cameras now. They were not really "on par" for ther market time, Their age is late 70s early 80s??.
Amazingly, I have no pics of the "my" cameras, but these models are well known.  The Olympus OM10 was given to me from a colleague. The Yashica FXD, also a gift through this generous forum.
Both are using 28mm wide angle lenses and likely both are using yellow filters.
....as I've been known to use....Apx100 D76 1:1

APX10018.jpg.402b0a605c14164a9831aae7ee94e440.jpg

Om10    The Rhein Tunnel 

APX10021.thumb.jpg.572951cc336552c2824b2b9ff9c37f36.jpg

( Sorry.. Need to pre/clean these scans)   Another view of the "Burgplatz"

106.thumb.jpg.f68210e3644e1407b6647db8167e3cb7.jpg

Drusussstr  (Drussus Street)

110.thumb.jpg.0ec8373dde8d52c314c80a8eafd91070.jpg

Nearby Vodafon "Campus" 

Edited by chuck_foreman1
  • Like 10
  • Excellent! 1

Mop portrait. Toyo 45 Field with an Osaka 120mm lens. Film was Tmax 100 which I thought was HP5! Did not come out too bad considering. F22, one second. With sheet film you need dot the I’s and cross the t’s or you have problems.  

image.jpeg.9039a4033e578499ee7b3f7706ad0b14.jpeg

• Like 8

A little late to the party this week. I indulged a bit over the extended weekend.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Finished a roll of expired Agfa film that was in my Contax D, featuring a CZJ 50mm f/2.8 Tessar.

Last roll I shot in this camera was Amophot PO 100 Clear Ortho film, and the thick carrier caused some problems with the film transport.
Well, I was wrong to think the thin Agfa film would have less problems. Turns out dried grease under the rewind knob was causing a bit too much resistance adding strain to the film as it was being drawn from the cartridge by the sprocket wheel. Causing some scratches on the emulsion and the sprocket holes looked a little stretched.

I've re-lubricated the rewind knob and it feels much smoother now.

Edited by Rick_van_Nooij
typos
  • Like 9

44 minutes ago, Rick_van_Nooij said:

A little late to the party this week. I indulged a bit over the extended weekend.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Finished a roll of expired Agfa film that was in my Contax D, featuring a CZJ 50mm f/2.8 Tessar.

Last roll I shot in this camera was Amophot PO 100 Clear Ortho film, and the thick carrier caused some problems with the film transport.
Well, I was wrong to think the thin Agfa film would have less problems. Turns out dried grease under the rewind knob was causing a bit too much resistance adding strain to the film as it was being drawn from the cartridge by the sprocket wheel. Causing some scratches on the emulsion and the sprocket holes looked a little stretched.

I've re-lubricated the rewind knob and it feels much smoother now.

Rick I hope those are not your camera repair tools in that last shot! 😬

My basic tool kit would not be good for camera repairs as is consists of two items: duct tape for stuff that moves, but shouldn't and WD40 for stuff that doesn't move but should.

I have, however, unstuck a few aperture blades with Ronsonol.

I always enjoy reading about everyone's repair efforts.  And great photos, everyone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Gammill said:

I have, however, unstuck a few aperture blades with Ronsonol.

Likewise, the easiest "repair" I've ever tackled was 2 drops of lighter fluid on the shutter blades of a Minolta Hi-matic 9, which was listed cheap and "Shutter not working", other than that, the camera is smick (that's Aussie slang for close to new condition).

Edited by kmac