what is the 'chrome' color option on older fuji cameras?

norayr

hello, my fuji t410 has this color mode, called 'chrome'.

it is described in the manual here:

>vivid contrast and color. choose for vivid shots of flowers or enhanced greens and blues in landscapes.

that is the only description of the mode i was able to find on the internet.

as i understand later fuji in better cameras introduced astia, provia, velvia, acros, and more later classic chrome, pro negative presets in their cameras. i guess people in fuji realized that the colours from their digital cameras aren't as good, as when taken on fuji film stock. and they made an effort, were serious about color science, made these presets.

may it be that the setting 'chrome' in older cameras was a step in that direction? may it be it had to emulate some, perhaps imaginary chrome, i. e. color transparency film?

thank you.

what you say is probably true about 'classic chrome' preset that exists in modern fuji cameras.

but many older, and inexpensive ones had this 'chrome' preset.

i know current color profiles got a lot of attention and made wisely. i wonder if this is true about the older 'chrome' profile which i guess appeared even before fuji started to add 'provia', 'sensia' and other profiles to their more serious cameras.

• 3 weeks later...

here it is mentioned about hs10 camera that

>The HS10 offers 4 color modes: Standard, Chrome, Black & White and Sepia. The first offers an accurate, natural color response, while the Chrome mode emulates the bright, vivid colors of Fujis legendary Fujichrome film. This produces very attractive images that do have a Fujichrome look to them, but we would reccomend that most users stick with the standard mode or shoot RAW images if you want to process them for a particular look.

HS10 is a very old camera, even older than my t410.

So my guess was right. Chrome mode was for emulating fujichrome film. But how does that work? Is it a LUT? Is it an icc profile?