Show your Collection of Photographic Historica

3 hours ago, Rick_van_Nooij said:

At 16fps you burn through 30m worth of film in 90 seconds. 2 full winds of the spring motor, plus a bit. 

I have one large capacity magazine and electric motor drive for them.

One big reason I sold my Bolex 16 mm and set of Berthiot prime lenses many years ago--film cost and processing.  16 mm runs about 40 feet per minute at 24 fps, the standard projection speed. And I can't imagine how expensive and hard to find all of the necessary lab services like transferring sound and making release prints must be now compared to 40 years ago when I last worked on film projects. 

• Like 2

On 4/17/2023 at 5:39 PM, Rick_van_Nooij said:

At 16fps you burn through 30m worth of film in 90 seconds. 2 full winds of the spring motor, plus a bit. 

I have one large capacity magazine and electric motor drive for them.

Aren't you tempted to try it out? A 30,5m roll of Foma is not exactly cheap to burn in 90 seconds, but still? Anyways, the logistics of having such a long roll reversed processed, not to mention creating a setup for viewing, probably makes it way too much trouble.

The idea of making ultra short 35mm movies tickles me. If the quality of the Lomokino wasn't so bad, I would be all over it.

Niels

mycamerasonshelf1.jpg.fd49a63027c66f4ec77a5843759933bc.jpg

About half of my rather random collection. Ones that I have actually used include the wooden Gundlack 5x7 view camera, the ca. 1938 13x19 cm Linhof Technika glass plate camera (with a home made 4x5 reducing back) in the lower left hand corner, the 3 1/4x4 1/4 Speed Graphic, and the Canonflex RM. Besides the Argus C3, I am not sure which, if any, of the remaining cameras still work.

• Like 2