Is B&W the solution to bad focus?

derrick_sorensen

On 1/3/2023 at 5:27 PM, Ricochetrider said:

Don’t beat yourself up over these, they’re all pretty darn good! These shots make me feel like I know the people in them, somehow.

👆🏻What he said👆🏻

Photography is (and SHOULD IMHO) often a very personal thing in that the image you create is what you saw and felt at the time.

By all means follow some guidelines if necessary and appropriate but never force your style into someone else’s opinion.

After all, the norms of today were very likely very wrong at some stage and what is THE stuff today and next week might be a total cliché next year…

OK, mini-rant over😂😉

Edited by antonroland
Typo
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, antonroland said:

👆🏻What he said👆🏻

Photography is (and SHOULD IMHO) often a very personal thing in that the image you create is what you saw and felt at the time.

By all means follow some guidelines if necessary and appropriate but never force your style into someone else’s opinion.

After all, the norms of today was very likely very wrong at some stage and what is THE stuff today and next week might be a total cliché next year…

OK, mini-rant over😂😉

Less of an issue with style and more that some of these photos were shot “from the hip” on the move so they were slightly out of focus. To me B&W increases the contrast and gives it that more grungy style (when paired with some softer focus) I guess what I’m trying to say is I’m not sure what my style is or if these fall into a certain style but I like these shots more in black and white! Cheers! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, derrick_sorensen said:

Less of an issue with style and more that some of these photos were shot “from the hip” on the move so they were slightly out of focus. To me B&W increases the contrast and gives it that more grungy style (when paired with some softer focus) I guess what I’m trying to say is I’m not sure what my style is or if these fall into a certain style but I like these shots more in black and white! Cheers! 

Don’t worry about “style”…yours or that of the next guy, whoever he might be…

Carry on and create great images as you clearly can do. If you eventually “find a style”, good. Don’t box yourself in though. Your photography, YOUR style, YOUR images. You will find an audience that appreciate your style and even if you don’t(highly unlikely if you persevere), your memories captured.

• Like 1