Looking for Recommendations for a Lightweight MF camera

Megankeagles

@c_watson1What else to expect? Maybe mentioned stuff's price tags put her into reverse gear? 

@laurencecochrane I 'd happily purchase dedicated hammers (or reluctantly borrow cobble stones) before I 'd expect my camera(s) to replace those. While we picked the same MF workhorse system, the OP was looking for something ultra portable, to substitute hers. If folks are happy with their kit besides the weight, there is no use in praising something similary unwieldy. 

Why discuss f2.8s? An f3.5 or even a 'cord should be cheaper. 

Which SLR owner within their mind might get impressed by TLRs' close up capabilities? The Mamiya Paramender shouts for a heck of a tripod far from casually portable. The paralax indication hand, plus conversion table for certain lenses in the VF is a crutch for guess work, probably worse than Rolleis diopter lenses with prism for the viewing lens. And whoever does close up shots seriously will most likely happily accept the convenience of a view camera's movements on a tripod or the reduced composition hassle with an SLR. On a side note: Bigger film formats don't make the task easier. 

IDK much about camera repair, I simply live with the occasional need for it. 

You could consider digital at $4,500

https://petapixel.com/2018/09/25/fujifilm-gfx-50r-is-a-51-4mp-medium-format-rangefinder-style-mirrorless/

I don't know of any lightweight MF film cameras with auto focus. There are some old manual folders that aren't too bad, like the Konica Pearl 111 and 1V 6x4.5 or the Mamiya Six Automat 6x6. These have coupled rangefinders and film advance auto indexes (no need to peer in red windows). Then there's the more expensive Plauble Makina 67 or the Fujfilm GF670 manual focus folders.

21 hours ago, Jochen1664876637 said:
14 hours ago, kmac said:

The Mamiya Paramender shouts for a heck of a tripod far from casually portable. The paralax indication hand, plus conversion table for certain lenses in the VF is a crutch for guess work,

Oh I agree. I upgraded from a C3 (HELL OF A CAMERA) to the C33's purely for the extra functions Not that I have found the need to use them The paralax indicator really only kicks in close up. A Design flaw on the C3 is you can shoot a roll with lens internal blind closed  (lens unlocked) A THING YOU WILL ONLY DO ONCE not exposing the filim. Rectified on the C33. In fairness I found the C3 nicer to use despite the manual shutter cocking which never bothered me in the slightest. No need to back pedal the winder handle. STILL I like the C33

Pictured my Red C33 Authentic Mamiya display camera NOT RECOVERED fine lizard skin finish as used on all Mamiya coloured cameras, more often seen on Mamiya sixes tho I have seen a DOG ROUGH blue C330. Gold Lizards used this same pattern leather. An Ebay bargain. seller had no idea what he had. Got it cheaper than a black one needing a bit of love.

P9211064.JPG

1 hour ago, laurencecochrane said:

A Design flaw on the C3 is you can shoot a roll with lens internal blind closed  (lens unlocked) A THING YOU WILL ONLY DO ONCE not exposing the filim.

That's only if the "Sheet -Multi ex" is set. On "Roll Film", I couldn't get my C3 to fire while the lens board was unlocked.