Autumn Leaves 2022 report photos

greg_scott

Please post the date and specific location of a photo you show here, not for artistic excellence, though that is always nice, but to show how far along the foliage is in specific locations this year, 2022. I'm heading to GA/TN/NC to photograph autumn scenery, and will try to post as I go, whenever I decide to go. The date and precise location might be helpful, and even the type of the tree, since oak and maple peaks are entirely different, likewise a very specific location, perhaps even including GPS or mile marker on highway might be helpful. Peak color varies every year, and reports by news media and chambers of commerce are generally next to useless. Here is a photo from a former year. I'm afraid I badly oversaturated in my editing years ago, so its use as a color guide is minimal. 10/26/2013 Linn Cove Viaduct, Blue Ridge Parkway, NC.

20131026_0836_100_4413_gjs_pano_2.jpg

• Like 2

Maine near Acadia National Park 10.13.2022. Two recent rain storms have taken most maple leaves down. Blueberry and huckleberry still retaining most leaves. Most of the color in this photo is from maples. Green is mostly softwoods and red oak. Red oak is turning brown to maroon now.

1333317159_DJI_0948Roadinfalltreesx2000.thumb.jpg.ac71d0d44683a680393d9211477d24a4.jpg

Edited by Edwin Barkdoll
  • Like 7
Test

1700937125_fallcolorspinecreekhike3s10-22s.thumb.jpg.100271cc31b0482098d4612156849ac7.jpg

Fall colors in the Teton and Big Hole mountain ranges in Idaho and Wyoming have been beautiful, but are on the wane at higher altitudes. Today's forecast is for snow, which should take care of remaining leaves on, at least,the aspen trees. This photo was taken on Friday at an altitude of about 7,500 ft.

• Like 5

This was taken yesterday in the Deep Creek area of Green Lane Park, eastern PA between Allentown and Philadelphia. Red oaks, sycamore, red maple, birchs, dogwood, hickory are all at peak color. Some tupelo still have leaves. Many vines like Virginia creeper have a lot of color. The understory is also very colorful with Vaccinium and Viburnum acerifolium at peak. White oaks, locusts, beech, walnut, butternut, Norway Maple are all coming on.

Landscape leaf report102622.JPG

• Like 4