Unexpected change of name / avatar display

Tony Parsons

Since the recent (and, i believe, on-going) update, I have notice a few 'anomalies' with my membership :

Firstly, instead of Tony Parsons, I am now tony_pars0ns1, and much of what I had already posted has apparently disappeared - I am sure I have made more than 168 posts !

Secondly, my avatar is no longer displayed, although this may be a consequence of the name change, and I can currently see no way to re-instate it.

Thirdly, this appears when I make a post :

Is this also a consequence of point 1 ?

Has anyone else experienced these issues, and is it just a question of waiting until things settle down ?

Tony - At least I am not Ynot Snosrap 😀

PS I am now apparently a Rookie ! Wow !!

Edited by tony_parsons1

I had to re-make my avatar. On my profile page, top-left, there was the big circle with a D for Dustin in it. Bottom-left of that is a little square which says 'Profile Photo' when you mouse over it. Click that, and it let me choose a photo to replace the circle-D. It even let me re-centre it afterwards.

Yes, I had something similar (maybe even more egregious) with my name, which went from rws to rws1664886108 -- the added numbers meaning nothing to me.  I have been trying to get a response about undoing this change but so far nothing.  I posted about the problem on this forum and haven't looked through for responses, so maybe something is waiting for me.  If I find anything out, I'll pass it on.

I also am a rookie.  At least I'm not a newbie anymore.

No, I just checked and no answer to my post from yesterday.  I'll follow Sandy's advice and try contacting Admin in a day or two.  By the way, I also no longer have my avatar, but I assume that that will get solved too. 

On the positive side, the system remembers by login and password.

11 hours ago, Dustin McAmera said:

I had to re-make my avatar. On my profile page, top-left, there was the big circle with a D for Dustin in it. Bottom-left of that is a little square which says 'Profile Photo' when you mouse over it. Click that, and it let me choose a photo to replace the circle-D. It even let me re-centre it afterwards.

Thanks for this, @DM - I wonder how many other 'improvements' are in store for us to find and try to solve ?

Success with changing Avatar - thanks again. However, when I did it, the re-sizing options gave me an oblong image space - yet the Avatar is now circular. As Arte Johnson would say 'Very Interesting - but shtupid'. Also tried changing name, but that does not appear to have taken, even after logging out and in again. maybe it takes time.

Edited by tony_parsons1