Phone Use and Issues on the new site.

Sandy Vongries

Hi Sandy, from what I've done so far (creating a  post including an image, reacting to posts) I'm loving this new site! Vastly improved from the 'test site'. Some users primarily access PN (old and new sties) via mobile. Having been 'locked out' of the old site forums via Laptop for months, I made much more use of my mobile through which - for some reason - I could access PN forums. At the moment, I'm enjoying having 'full Laptop access' again. But I will test how the various functions work via my (Samsung) mobile. I have full confidence that the platform for PN is 'mobile friendly'. But I'll keep you up to date.

Mike

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sandy Vongries said:

I do not have or use a cell phone, so would appreciate users posting issues and expert phone users posting solutions and work arounds to situations they have encountered.  Thanks!

15A7335B-F0A3-4DAA-940D-BDC9E942A211.thumb.jpeg.fdbe976590e826a9a558c201f3c430f9.jpeg

Trying directly from my iPhone.

Interesting - The system converted it from HEIC format to JPG and reduced the size quite a bit it seems. Not that I mind.

Edited by NHSN
  • Like 2
Niels

24 minutes ago, NHSN said:

Trying directly from my iPhone.

Interesting - The system converted it from HEIC format to JPG and reduced the size quite a bit it seems. Not that I mind.

Additional observations: Original size on the iPhone was 3024x4032 (1,6MB HEIC) and it was downsized and converted during upload to 900x1200 (233KB JPEG).

• Like 1
Niels

Initially I had trouble posting out of my photo files using my iPhone, but just in the past couple days things have gotten much better and now there’s a function mechanism thru which we can choose files directly off the phone photo library.

I did bump into a small problem just now- when I posted a pic I didn’t mean to- I went to “edit” and deleted the shot, opened the file manager function and chose a new photo- which took a minute to upload- and I got a mssg saying so. 

When I thought  I had it, I reposted - but now BOTH shots were in the post, so I went back to edit, deleted the unwanted shot for real, and saved the now single photo. 

Now- I am pretty sure I have my phone set to shoot in RAW- so the photo files could be big enough that it takes a minute for them to process or be converted or whatever. 

Edited by Ricochetrider
  • Excellent! 1

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone, hope you are all well.

So I’m having an issue posting photos out of my iPhone 13 Pro Max in that I often see a black rectangle instead of a photo. 
This following the “add files>photo library” pathway. 

Is anyone else experiencing the same? Here’s a sample and I see a phone pic comes thru (pic of a theater seat & carpet).

And below that is an entry of a pic taken with the Fuji which to me appears as the dreaded black rectangle so the notable difference is between a phone pic and a photo file that arrived in my phone by downloading it out of my photo host site. Back to the HTTP VS HTTPS FILE perhaps? 741532DE-B4D6-4FC2-8356-34ABA34D5077.thumb.jpeg.4f986441927a14b4cff0a34177a5f7bd.jpeg

E2FD7E54-CD1D-4391-AFED-9CC372B36E0B.jpeg

741532DE-B4D6-4FC2-8356-34ABA34D5077.jpeg

Edited by Ricochetrider