Kodak Medalist II Repair

I'm wondering if anyone is able to repair, or know someone who can repair a Kodak Medalist II. Mine is having an issue where it does not advance properly. After I take a shot, it does not always properly stop advancing at the next frame and will continue advancing. If you keep winding, it'll continue to the end of the roll.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the info. I'm familiar with Butkus, but am not going to attempt repairing this myself. I sent an email to Dan Daniel and am waiting to hear back. I also contacted Nippon Photo Clinic in NYC, but they don't repair Kodak cameras. Even for cameras like Pentax and Bronica, they said parts aren't available, so repairs may or may not be possible.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm wondering if anyone is able to repair, or know someone who can repair a Kodak Medalist II. Mine is having an issue where it does not advance properly. After I take a shot, it does not always properly stop advancing at the next frame and will continue advancing. If you keep winding, it'll continue to the end of the roll.

Thanks in advance!

Hey there, there's a guy by the name of Ken Ruth (heard of him?) who runs Photography On Bald Mountain (repairs for antique cameras and optical instruments) in Davenport California that you might want to contact about repairs on your Medalist...he's run this business for around 40 years or so now and even though he's officially retired from the repair end of it now (as of around 3 years ago) in his day he was THE Go To Guy for Medalist repairs!...like I said he still runs the business and I'm sure he could and would be glad to refer you to an equally qualified colleague of his who could do a 1st rate job for you...Medalist repair people are a small tight knit group after all and they all know each other and their qualifications...his contact info is Ken Ruth at Photography On Bald Mountain phone # 831-423-4465 or email: baldmtn@pacbell.net or www.baldmtn.com...you can google Photography On Bald Mountain and check out his website...hope this helps, Rick Smith p.s., I traded him some parts from other cameras for some parts for my Medalist II a few years back and he had a slew of Medalist parts cameras at the time that he salvaged parts from for the repair work he did on them, he may still have plenty of spare parts if they may be needed...

Edited by rick_smith|12