Super Bowl LV Bokeh

I dozed off early on during the Super Bowl but saw some of the post-game stuff from the field and noticed that all the backgrounds were blurred as if using an f/1.4 lens wide open.

I heard something on the radio Monday morning about how it was a new camera/video technique but my first thought was that it hid the fact that the stadium was almost empty. I don't know if it was used during the game at all - I dozed off because I currently work graveyard.

When I woke up & saw post game stuff it did look pretty cool and was quite obvious to me.

Eric Sande

• Like 1

Like the super-hi-def with glowing edges this too shall pass.

At least some of it seems to be a misguided effort to look like something that came off a phone- one used by someone who doesn't know how to turn the phone sideways for a 'landscape' view.

I was a little disappointed in the Puppy Bowl this year. Too much straining to make a "game" out of it. I preferred it when they just turned them loose and let them play, nap,or whatever.

BTW, I think that they did a serious disservice by making the stadium looked packed with people when it was not. (LINK https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/02/08/super-bowl-stadium-packed-fans-cutouts/)

• Like 2

I'm possibly one of many who's phased out of pro football. Just to confirm my decision, I decided to watched this year's alleged for all the marbles game. I got as far as the beginning of the halftime extravaganza and immediately turned on a movie instead. Pro football has become nothing but commercialized tripe, and sadly top level college football risks ending up the same way.
  • Like 2

I just watch the game, I can't stand the hyper glitz half-time show that seems to fit the current American concept that bigger, louder glitzier with explosions and lots of jumping around is what passes for entertainment. Harummph! This year's game itself was really not that interesting. Last couple of years had a couple of pretty decent games. But the commercialization is just over bearing.
  • Like 2