Nikon d7000 questions

asianbels74

A lot depends on how "good" and "expensive" this older used camera is, i guess, if it is heavely used allready it may get to its maximn usable life. A D7000 is not a "pro-grade " camera so it might be interresting to find out how well ( shuttercount) it was used and how well it was cared for..

As well as I know, the D7x00 series is the high end line of the non-pro models.

That is, the D3x00 and D5x00 are for more ordinary users.

It seems also that many actual pros like to use the higher non-pro models, until they wear out,

cheaper than buying one of the pro model.

The shutter count is written into the JPEG file (unlike, as far as I know, for Canon), and many JPEG viewers will show it.

(This was demonstrated to me in store when I was buying a used D700.)

I suspect, though, that if the shutter fails at either high or low count, that it might be better not to repair it.

-- glen

I believe my 7000 will be my last camera. I can't imagine any useful.feature this machine doesn't already offer. The image quality is superb.

That was how I felt when I got my Nikon FE2 in 1986. At the time I had already finished graduate school but still in my 20’s. Of course it didn’t take long before I realized that how wrong I was. In 1989 I bought my first AF body, the N8008. The rest is history.

• Like 2

That was how I felt when I got my Nikon FE2 in 1986. At the time I had already finished graduate school but still in my 20’s. Of course it didn’t take long before I realized that how wrong I was. In 1989 I bought my first AF body, the N8008. The rest is history.

I hear you , but there's another factor. I'm getting old!

I'm using a 6mp Nikon D50 today just for the fun of using a "classic". The D7000 is several generations newer so it should be great.

I got great stuff from the D50 until the shitter went out. Then used a D200 until the AF fizzled. I should add that both cameras were heavily used when I bought them , and I also ran them ragged.

I