Nikon Df discontinued?

BeBu Lamar

Did you try a Nikon 1 Series?

No, I was using the Canon Gxx then. Unfortunately Nikon 1 (and others in that era) does not measure up to the newer technologies. I don't mean to say that it does not produce good images because most cameras can. I guess this just illustrates how spoiled we are to be perennially looking for greener pastures. ;)

• Like 1

No, I was using the Canon Gxx then. Unfortunately Nikon 1 (and others in that era) does not measure up to the newer technologies. I don't mean to say that it does not produce good images because most cameras can. I guess this just illustrates how spoiled we are to be perennially looking for greener pastures. ;)

Certainly we all like what we like, but what do your posts on your choices of Sony and Canon have to do with a thread on the Nikon DF?

but what do your posts on your choices of Sony and Canon have to do with a thread on the Nikon DF?

Nothing, just a response to Mike's question and also others had talked about cameras other than the DF. You may categorize my comments as trivial. ;) That said, it is not uncommon to see musings here, no matter how outlandish, right?

Hmm... I do it all the time...It's time for a banana..

Hmm... I think Sandy just happened to see my comments about Sony that he deemed irrelevant to the topic of DF. Looking back at the thread, there are mentions of the cell phone, flip phone, Minox, Tessina that he probably did not see.

I have a Df. It amazed me at the time that the first tryout photos I took with it were so good - in fact I made a print of frame 0003 which was a much appreciated gift, And that was with a non-AI 135mm f/2.8. I love the photos it produces and use mine whenever I can.

Not only is it great with MF lenses, but it's also small and lightweight.

Too lightweight for my liking.

After the pre-launch hype, I was expecting something that felt more 'mechanical'. When I finally got my hands on one at a trade show I just thought it felt like a plastic replica with a thin metalised finish.

Not for me, and won't be missed I'm sorry to say.

Too lightweight for my liking.

After the pre-launch hype, I was expecting something that felt more 'mechanical'. When I finally got my hands on one at a trade show I just thought it felt like a plastic replica with a thin metalised finish.

Not for me, and won't be missed I'm sorry to say.

Although I like my Df but I do agree with you that it's too light for my taste and yet too big for my taste. I do think Nikon can fix the weight issue but not the size issue given the requirement of a F mount body and being an FX DSLR.