Fujifilm XE1 "Lens Control Error"

Started seeing this message today when using the 50-230mm zoom. A little Googling showed this to be very common and with no definitive solution. I will use the 27mm the rest of the day to see if this is lens related, which I think it is. I've had horrible luck with Fuji up till now. When my next stimulus check arrives I think I'll spend it a Panasonic.

Try cleaning the electronic contacts?

Not yet, don't even want to look at it right now. The problem is with all these cures is that they sometimes seem to work because electronic problems come and go and we think we found the solution. I just can't trust this Fuji stuff any more. It's still the old Nikon D300 if I needed 100 percent reliable camera for the day...with maybe a Panasonic in the bag just in case.

Nah, I wrote it off. I'll keep the 27mm premaritally attached and forget about it. I also have the beautiful 18-55mm zoom but its so full of mold I use it as a special effects soft-focus lens. Disappointed with Fuji. XT2 malfunctioned out of the box and had to be returned and XT100 literally fell apart once out of warranty of course. Thanks for the suggestions.

I've had Fuji products for years now and never a problem. Not one, but its a classic case of people like what they like. Once it starts it can't be stopped. It could be a look, a feel, a problem. Panasonics are fine products, so are Fuji's, Nikons, Leica's, etc.
  • Like 1

Yeah, the XE1 predates PDAF on sensor for MILCs so the AF is pretty slow and hunts a lot. I used to have one. At the time, there weren’t any really good lenses for Sony E mount so I sold my NEX-5n and got an XE1 with the 18-55 and the 35/1.4. It was per show compared to my D800 (or even to earlier Nikons I’d had like a D90) but I loved those lenses and still use them.
  • Like 1