I study at art school and need advice

May I just point out that the OP has not been seen for almost six months, and his original post was on April 1.

It is just possible that all subsequent suggestions have never impinged upon his consciousness. Is it time to end this thread and concentrate on other matters ?

Two responses:

1. I generally don't respond to threads or engage in dialogues only for the benefit of the OP. If he's gone, he's gone. Other people may be reading and Terry Kelly and I are obviously interested enough in what we each other have to say to have at least continued it to this point.
  2. Any member can end participation in the thread any time by not reading it.

"You talkin' to me?"

Perhaps you and Terry might consider using the PM system for what has apparently become a private conversation. I agree no-one has to participate in any thread, but I feel that one which does not provide useful information or suggestions, relevant to the original post, may be deemed to be less interesting to other readers, who may themselves anticipate gleaning helpful information from subsequent entries.

Just my two groats worth - no need to respond (please - NO need to respond).

no need to respond (please - NO need to respond

You seem to be hellbent on trying to control what other folks here do. That's your issue. If you don't want a response, one choice among many would be not to make a post. I'm not suggesting you do that, because I don't mind things you say and I don't mind engaging your thoughts.

I won't consider using the PM system for a discussion that grew out of the OP of a thread. And I'll respond to what you say when I want to.

other readers, who may themselves anticipate gleaning helpful information from subsequent entries.

There are many risks you take when you read the Internet. Seeing things you find unhelpful are among them. My practice, when threads stop interesting me but I think someone may add something I might find useful, is to take a quick glance when the thread's been updated and, if it's by someone I deem not to have held my interest, I don't bother reading it.

"You talkin' to me?"

It was relevant to the OP questioning the value of an education, schooling... then TP tried to derail the discussion.

My perspective is informed by my experience of dropping out of art school @ SAIC and later SFAI. In retrospect I see my decisions as a priceless missed opportunity. If I knew then what I know now etc. I think that parents most often have A valuable advantage point worth heeding in this regard.

Edited by inoneeye

n e y e

Moderator Note:

Provided the conversation stays within bounds (re: etiquette) of the Terms of Use and User Guidelines AND generally on topic, then the conversation shall continue.

In this case I am moving the thread to "Casual Photo Conversations", for two equal and primary reasons: the (now somewhat old) Opening Post OP has been adequately addressed and also the conversation has splintered off into and area which does maintains some Photography related content.

Please - NO further comments on the PEOPLE who contribute comments here: thank you.

William

• Like 1