Anyone have a clue what these are and does anybody want them?

Hi all

I have a couple of weird camera items and I have no idea what they are, I am presuming for film but no clue!. Can anyone tell me what they are at all?

OK first up

18590733-orig.jpg

18590732-orig.jpg

18590734-orig.jpg

Then this one..

18590738-orig.jpg

18590736-orig.jpg

18590735-orig.jpg

Any help much apprecitaed also if any of you have a use for these do let me know

The first set of photos - if the sprockets suit 135 film, then it looks like an adapter to: a neg cutter; a film editor or for an enlarger.

The last one appears similar (although odd to have glass) to a film holder back, but it seems too small for sheet film.

Any names or model numbers?

Any other gear you found at the same location?

Any other hints?

WW

• Like 1

OK, first stab in the dark(room) - do they connect together in some fashion, forming an individual frame viewer for 35mm film (if that is the actual width of the sprockets on the first item / part) ?

Further to WW's comment, maybe some kind of adapter to permit the use of 35mm film on a medium format camera ?

• Like 2

To be more precise about the second item, it is a 6x9 focusing screen and film pack holder all in one. It's fixed to the back of the camera in the same manner as a normal Mamiya Press "S" shaped roll film holder. The screen is spring loaded and moves back to allow a 6x9 sheet film holder to be inserted once the focusing operation is completed, viewing through the screen. It's used for focusing when using the swing or tilt bellows back adapter on the camera for perspective correction or depth of field control and when shooting close-ups.
  • Like 2

Hey all thanks so much for all your detective work. Seems like the second item has been 100% identified but the 1st might be a little harder to completely know what it is.

If anyone would like either of these items I am happy for you to have them just send me a message and I can post them to you for free if you have a use.

kmac - wondered if this device would ever fit on a Polaroid 600SE or no chance? Thought it would be worth asking.

kmac - wondered if this device would ever fit on a Polaroid 600SE or no chance? Thought it would be worth asking.

Yes the Focusing screen / film pack holder can be used on a Polaroid 600SE if an "M" adapter is fitted to the camera. The correct "M" adapter fits only the 600SE, no other Mamiya Press camera from what I'm reading. Those adapters can cost a pretty penny, I've noticed 3D printed ones selling on ebay

Link illustrating adapter .... 120 adapter for polaroid 600se - Bing images

Edited by kmac
  • Like 1

I think the first item shown is part of a contact printer for 35mm film.

The clear glass pressure-plate is a clue there, and it looks too over-engineered to be part of a slide projector. So I suspect it was the 'gate' of a printer for producing positive slides from a roll of negatives - maybe.

Or it might have been part of a microfilm reader.

Whatever it is, it needs a darned good clean!

• Like 1

kmac - Amazing, i am wondering if theres a way nowadays to get a 3D printed adapter to save money? i would love to try this out

I have no idea, but I'd say the ebay 3D printed adapters would be the least expensive way to go. The alternative way is to just sit and wait till a far cheaper one is listed. The demand for adapters is high, so always expect the prices to be high.

• Like 1