Maternity with Rolleiflex

A quick scan of maternity photo, my wife-to-be, 8 months pregnant. Rolleiflex MX-EVS, at her parents' home.

We shot some photos at their home & pool with Rolleiflex, some underwater nudes in the pool with a compact digital submersible camera, and some on a Lake Michigan beach with a modern dSLR.

Attached is a family-safe pool photo.2018_0704_16451900.thumb.jpg.b800109e43dc9a32ba63af1c38af1325.jpg

• Like 4

36656101_10211977454620078_8071390335516803072_o.thumb.jpg.2335c5413725c89613ae1b9da6274435.jpg And her candid reaction to it (shot on compact submersible digital).

Katie is also a film enthusiast, with a 4-year degree in photography, so at the beach she explained to me what she wanted, and minutes later I gave her exactly that.

I'd never used her dSLR before that day, so she was happily amazed that I was comfortable using such diverse cameras back to back.

Edited by doug grosjean
  • Like 3

• 3 years later...
29 minutes ago, sahasakhar934 said:

Maternity photography with a Rolleiflex camera can be a beautiful way to capture the fleeting moments of pregnancy. The medium format camera produces stunning, high-quality images with a vintage feel that can evoke a sense of timelessness and nostalgia. Using a Rolleiflex for maternity photography can also help create a more intimate and personal feel to the images. The manual controls and waist-level viewfinder of the camera can provide a unique perspective and allow for a greater degree of creativity in capturing the expectant mother's beauty and grace. With the right lighting and composition, maternity photos taken with a Rolleiflex can become cherished keepsakes for years to come.

Answer created by a chatbot?

• Yes! 1
Niels

On 2/20/2023 at 1:35 PM, Niels - NHSN said:

Answer created by a chatbot?

I think the spammers/bots are trying to generate 'legit' posts to confuse the anti-spam detectors.

Doug and his wife now have a lovely 3-year old daughter and there is another baby girl on the way. So maybe we'll get another update soon. 🙂

• Like 1