'Likes' lost

Tony Parsons

Understand what, exactly? This is a photography site, members, being photographers, almost certainly understand your work. If they don’t like it, they don’t like it.

Sorry, I think you mis-construed my meaning. I was attempting to say that this site is the ONLY place of which I wot where I can display and discuss my images. Not being a gregarious person, joining any kind of society to show my images is anathema to me. Showing my images here gives me pleasure - whether people like (or even 'like') them is a matter of the sublimest indifference to me. As you say, up to them. My original post was merely intended to attempt to discover why my 'likes' total (whatever it was) had changed, and whether I had committed a grave social faux-pas and unintentionally antagonised someone, or even more than one.

I think we can safely draw this discussion to an end - my grateful thanks to one and all for your thoughts and contributions.

• Like 1

C’mon, Tony, using 2- dimensional emojis to express your feelings is worse than ‘liking’ something. Especially when you use so many.

Tell us how you really feel in, er, at least 2000 words (Sam’s metric, not mine)

I can tell you're not really interested - but take me for a drink (or three) and I'll tell you all about it. Can't say fairer that that.

I hope you get what you want out of this site.

My comment about emojis was directed at Sam, not you. (He uses them enough)

No hard feelings, hopefully.

No hard feelings, no offence taken or intended.

I get precisely what I want - the chance to share my images, the chance to be constantly amazed and enthralled by the wonderful images other people share, information and assistance on technical matters, the opportunity to try to help others, and a certain amount of gentle banter in a humorous vein. Makes waiting to be able to go out worthwhile. Thank you for joining in the game. Thank you also for your likes.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but since I started it, hopefully I can finish it. Would 'likes' (anybody's) disappear if the thread(s) in which they originally appeared were deleted ? If so, I think Watson may have come up with the (seven per-cent) solution.

Sorry - forgot :

:p:D:rolleyes:

Yes.

So, Tony, here's a secret, but don't tell anyone. If there's a thread where someone else is getting too many LIKES and you're not getting enough, just start cursing and ranting about politics or film vs. digital and ... voila ... you're back on your feet! :p

• Like 1

"You talkin' to me?"

Thank you very much - much that was hidden now becomes clear.

Good. Glad you got your answer.

So, Tony, here's a secret, but don't tell anyone. If there's a thread where someone else is getting too many LIKES and you're not getting enough, just start cursing and ranting about politics or film vs. digital and ... voila ... you're back on your feet! :p

Funny.

Reader's Digest used to have a section - 'Laughter The Best Medicine' - and, now that Tony's question has been answered, it shall be nice to end this conversation on these two high notes.