Post your latest photography related purchase

I don't think relying on reviews on the net is definitive. Since you can click on a button that focuses it, and it also tells you when it is going to 'auto-focus', I don't think it is fixed focus. Moreover, for the scans that come back out of focus, they are much improved if I make sure to focus them first. Of course some of my slides may also be out of focus

Fair enough. I finally found a customer review in Amazon.com that mentions "auto-focus". Sounds like a neat little scanner.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I bought 2 extension tubes for my Hasselblad set up , so I too, can take close-ups. Not sure that it would be accurate to say I'm shooting "macro" but at times, depending on the combination I can get pretty close. I got sizes 16 & 32.

At first I didn't understand how they worked and put them aside in frustration. Recently I had another go and got it figured out. Shot a couple rolls of film of stuff around home but have yet to send the film out for processing, so have no images to show just yet.

More recently, I also bought sun shades (lens hoods) for my 80mm and 180mm Carl Zeiss V system lenses.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
**haven't posted in a while, so hopefully this works**

Doesn't necessarily need to be purchased but should at least be something you acquired toward your own photography journey - anything from the most basic lens cleaner tissue to whatever equipment item to maybe you registered for an online class, etc.... Pics (quick-n-dirty style) highly welcome but again, not necessary.

I'll start:

Bought mainly for the Koudelka part but looking forward to reading it all.

[ATTACH=full]1323582[/ATTACH]

do you like it already?

Technically, I bought a small, configurable, padded tote bag so I could throw some gear into a larger backpack in a hurry -- but I would rather mention two others.

Just before the price went up I bought a copy of Capture One 21 (for Nikon only), but a few days before that I bought a Tokina AT-X 14-20mm f/2 Pro DX which actually came a few days after I had installed Capture One on my computer, and that lens really sings on my D500 that I acquired used last November (so I've been on a bit of a buying spree lately).

• Like 1

Here is my new to me Olympus OMG with 50mm 1.8 lens.paid 10 bucks.lady thought it was broken as it wouldn't wind.

So I took the orphan home.put 2 batteries in it and it sprung to life.on top of that there is a roll of Fuji 200 in it .opened the back and surprise ,so I'll finish the roll and see.

Best part is she gave me a camera bag also for 10 bucks also and in it is a canon eos 10s film camera with a quantray 35 to 135 af lens.this camera needs a battery also which i have to get to check.all I have is a photo of the olympus now with more to follow 20210201_201632.thumb.jpg.235968afaa34259e7fb0d52132b4e637.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I guess my most recent, mentioned elsewhere, was a Contax RTS. My very first camera of my own was a Kodak Instamatic X-15 and I have now in working condition. I moved to a Minolta HiMatic 5 and REALLY wish I could find one and a Mamiya/Sekor 528TL as well. Crazy what one remembers.

Rick H.

Just bought the Pacific Image PrimeFilm XAs scanner (left) to tackle the boxes of slides (right) with more in the closet. My first week of experience with the scanner has been generally positive. It does a great job on dust removal. I hardly have to brush the slides. However, one problem is that in the middle of a sequence of scans, I've found that suddenly some are out of focus. I think it is supposed to auto-focus at the start of every scan but it sometimes fails to do this when the sequence of commands is not followed. Anyone else with experience with Pacific Image scanners?

[ATTACH=full]1336538[/ATTACH]

Does the film holder keep the film flat? Some times the intense light will make the negative curl. We used to have to deal with this in the darkroom. You had the let the film warm up in the enlarger before focusing for the print.