Z mount Primes

mark45831

If there is a good macro lens in any mount it can be used well on the Z. For macro I wouldn't need AF or even AE.

Sure, and I've used my 55/2.8 Micro to good effect, plus various reversed lenses and certain enlarging lenses. An autofocus version of that or any other would be even better. That said, I think that a purpose designed lens that takes advantage of the large and short mount could be optically better than anything seen to date. It could also have the focus motor optimized for best results when focus stacking is done. Imagine a lens purpose designed for macro with a range down to 10X or more, with all the features you're already used to. No accessories needed. I don't think this design space has been well covered at all, in fact people have been using the same old optics for what, a half century?

Oops sorry, didn't see the "5X". Looks like it's suitable for scientific study. :)

Suddenly remembered I bought a similar one for M43 (Nanoha x5 by Yasuhara) some time ago. Could not get it to focus. Still can't (just tried). Lost patience. :( May need to read some instruction. The box comes with several tools but don't see an instruction manual - maybe I took it out before? Dunno. Looks like this is an additional thing that need to be sold. :eek:

Still can't (just tried).

Re Yasuhara 5X macro lens: After some research, it turns out the focus distance must be 11mm for it to work. So I tried again - very difficultly - and will never do it again... This is Alexander Hamilton's right eye on the $10 bill. Tried to get George Washington's but his eye didn't look well from my less-than-pristine $1 bill. This lens' usability is definitely limited. I made the mistake of buying it.

64589301_HamiltonRightEye.jpg.d5fbe864cfc6588365616b48440a7bf4.jpg

Edited by Mary Doo