Canon TS-E on EOS R

Lauvau

Hi everyone,

I would like to use the Canon TS-E 50mm Macro and Canon TS-E 90mm Macro lenses on my EOS R case, with the ring. At first sight, this lenses are perfectly compatible and will work well.

Can some of you confirm this? I havn't yet bought the lenses and this will be a big investment (!!!), so I prefere to check that there is no anomaly before :)

All comments will be appreciated !

I do not own either item, but since with the adaptor the distance between the lens and the sensor will be the same as with any EOS camera, it should work. Hopefully you can find someone who has used this combination, but it may make sense to rent one of those TS lenses for a week before buying in order to be completely comfortable with your purchase.

Thanks for answering Ken. I have already work with the TS-E 24 few year ago, and I was very satisfied with the type of glass. So 50 and 90 for the thing I want to do will be fine... I also hope someone who used the combination pass here :)

I was suggesting that renting a TS lens to try out on your EOS R would help answer any compatibility questions. Given that the R is a relatively new camera and that the TS lenses are highly specialized, there may not be a user of both items currently a member of PN. Years ago, EOS posts on PN outnumbered all other types of equipment questions. Not so much anymore.