Ektachrome E100 confirmed for 120 & 4x5

Ektachrome has been released in 120 (Propack with 5 films) and 4x5 sheets. It will be available worldwide in 10 days.

“ROCHESTER, N.Y. Dec 10, 2019 – Kodak Alaris today announced the launch of EKTACHROME E100 in larger formats. A new 120 format 5-roll propack and a new 10 sheet 4x5 box will be available to order within the next 10 days, worldwide.

These new format offerings follow on the highly successful launch of EKTACHROME E100 in 135-36x size last year. “Our new E100 film is a big hit with photographers of all ages” said Dennis Olbrich, President – Kodak Alaris Imaging Paper, Photo Chemicals and Film. “The market response has been tremendous. Adding 120 and sheet films takes us to the next level.””

Kodak Professional

Samples by Sandra

Anyone compared Ektachrome to Portra 160/400? I was going to do a proper, controlled studio test this week but ran out of time!

I'm especially curious to see how they render skin tones. Both seem great from my direct experience but would love to know if anyone did a proper comparison.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Was in the local camera store today, and walked out with a nice, shiny box of E100 in 120, ex. 2/2022. Apparently they just got it in stock yesterday.

The guy who sold it to me also hit me with "I love it when you come in and buy film." The reason for him saying that most of their business is in single rolls, so they're constantly dealing with opening the 5 roll boxes of 120 and dealing with complaints of "why don't we get a box." Unless I'm in a pinch and all they have is a partial box, I always buy 120 buy the full box, and usually buy 35mm by the shrink wrapped 10-roll brick.

• 1 month later...
Was in the local camera store today, and walked out with a nice, shiny box of E100 in 120, ex. 2/2022. Apparently they just got it in stock yesterday.

The guy who sold it to me also hit me with "I love it when you come in and buy film." The reason for him saying that most of their business is in single rolls, so they're constantly dealing with opening the 5 roll boxes of 120 and dealing with complaints of "why don't we get a box." Unless I'm in a pinch and all they have is a partial box, I always buy 120 buy the full box, and usually buy 35mm by the shrink wrapped 10-roll brick.

You gotta tell me, how did the rolls turn out?