People are awesome

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is this, kindergarten?! "My slogan is better than yours..." The U.S. of Stupidity. It's kinda funny in a morbid way.

What exactly is your point Sandy, other than saying that nature can do us harm? Well yeah duh. Humans on the other hand won't merely do each other harm, no, we'll do it maliciously, and it doesn't matter whether you're left or right either way you're probably completely blinded and fooled by your ideologue and the fashion of the day (which currently is the moronic extreme leftist aganda of compelled politically correct speech and action which in turn gives rise to the equally moronic extreme right and vice versa, it's like the chicken or egg, you choose).

Nope. It's what makes you anxious and confused. You're ultimately threatened by the fact that you can't pinpoint me as your opposite in order for you to feel all self-righteous about yourself. I can see all true it. All that left/right BS.

Do you ever read things in context? Do you have any reading comprehension at all.

The above is what anger sounds like. And your last line in italics is what anger looks like in print.

What anger. I'm not angry.

LOL.

We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

Yes, this was intended to be thread that celebrates the positive aspects of humanity and the capacity it has for doing some fantastic things. At the same time I recognize that there's also a large capacity for wrong-doing and I'm not surprised that a discussion related to that found it's way in to some posts.

I think politics would improve immensely if both the 'good' and 'bad' people would grow some actual brains and learn to think critically. Nerds on the left, nerds on the right...

Absolutely, at the same time one needs to recognize that emotion and passion play strong roles not only in politics but in our day to day lives. We'd not accomplish much without it. When it comes to politics, one not only needs to be able to think critically about the facts around the various issues, but understand the history and the emotions of the players and the people affected. People aren't robots.

Presidents don't get elected because they are the best at laying out factual arguments, it's because they are good at identifying those issues that resonate with people. Critical thinking acknowledges that and proceeds accordingly.

Edited by tomspielman

No, it's what frustration looks

LOL.

jim-finger-NEW_0748-w.thumb.jpg.3bb84e1b5a530ab489d76e088fe81041.jpg

My friend, Jim, gets angry a lot and goes on rants, often when it's inappropriate. We love him nevertheless. One of the reasons he's easy to love in spite of the anger that sometimes comes seething out of him is that he's able to be honest about it. He knows when he's angry and doesn't pretend he's not. Authenticity, even in anger, can be awesome to behold in someone.

We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!