Slow -- Revisited

Basically not user friendly in terms of loading or allowing one to post in no words forum. Yesterday I gave up even trying to read new posts. The tally was 50 people logged in at the time...if that taxes the servers in these times, you might as well shut it down.
  • Like 1

The problem seems to be confined to the Forums pages. If I go to Explore by categories the images open quite quickly. My experience of the new site is that nothing works as well as it did on the old site so we stick with the new site.

Many years ago I worked in a large medical research institute in North London. We needed to upgrade so a working party was set up to decide between extending and modernising the existing facility or building a new one some way away. The existing site had 7 acres of land on which the extensions could be built and we enjoyed a rapid train service to central London. The alternative site was a third the size, sandwiched between a school and a prison and a long way from any train station. It was a no-brainer... but they went for the latter option! Now 20 years later everyone involved acknowledges that a mistake was made. Progress eh? What do I know?

A third less folks on line when last I looked and full ahead slow again.

Some response would be nice.

Please explain what is going on -- why so slow?

Please tell us what you are doing to fix things.

Please let us know when you expect to have the situation repaired.

The Mushroom strategy didn't even work in the military!

The problem seems to be confined to the Forums pages. If I go to Explore by categories the images open quite quickly. My experience of the new site is that nothing works as well as it did on the old site so we stick with the new site.

Many years ago I worked in a large medical research institute in North London. We needed to upgrade so a working party was set up to decide between extending and modernising the existing facility or building a new one some way away. The existing site had 7 acres of land on which the extensions could be built and we enjoyed a rapid train service to central London. The alternative site was a third the size, sandwiched between a school and a prison and a long way from any train station. It was a no-brainer... but they went for the latter option! Now 20 years later everyone involved acknowledges that a mistake was made. Progress eh? What do I know?

Well said, Harry. Currently my only issue is with the forums. If things keep going like this, people will start confusing PN for goer federal government.