Software - Adobe Photoshop CS6

(Continued from Jan 31,2017). ("An update: I'm still afflicted with Adobe's disastrous Photoshop Extended Trial offer. However, I have found a work around: a back door to access my saved psd files which I am in the process of moving to another file and saving as tiff files. When the transfer is completed (300 pictures) I will delete the blocked (trial) file"). Saved pictures as stated above however, can not remove Adobe's trial offer. Has any one used one of the registry cleaners or other software to remove unwanted stuff - Adobe's trial offer? Thanks for your help.

Adobe installations normally include an uninstall program, which removes the entire program and its dependencies. You can also consult the Adobe website for a "cleaner" program, sometimes needed for a clean install. In any case, you can't just erase the program itself. It leaves too many pieces behind and does not properly update the registry (or user preferences for Mac).

I'm curious what was so disastrous about CS6. i've been using Photoshop since version 1, and wouldn't be without it.

• 1 month later...
Adobe installations normally include an uninstall program, which removes the entire program and its dependencies. You can also consult the Adobe website for a "cleaner" program, sometimes needed for a clean install. In any case, you can't just erase the program itself. It leaves too many pieces behind and does not properly update the registry (or user preferences for Mac).

I'm curious what was so disastrous about CS6. i've been using Photoshop since version 1, and wouldn't be without it.

Access to your picture files? The original and derivative files should be on an hard drive in your computer. AFIK, no camera or imaging device produces native PSD files. They would only come from images processed in Photoshop. The originals should be on your computer as well, unless you were so carless as to discard them.

If you have trouble removing CS6, Adobe has a "cleaning" program to remove their products no longer needed. If you have activated Adobe products, be sure to deactivate them first, so you can reload and reuse them. If you mess that up, Adobe will probably help you out with reactivation. You can install at any time, but can't use them until activated.