CS6 Extended Trial Offer

This is to answer a question (from Phule) concerning my December 13, 2016 post. A post title as shown above Adobe's "Trial Offer" that I can not delete - it's blocking access to my stored photo's. My cs6 was a one time purchase (in 2012), and as you know, Adobe has gone to a subscription service - no longer offering a PURCHASE to use their software. I think my only option to gain access to my missing BRIDGE (part of cs6) and get rid of Adobe's trial offer is to delete my current Windows 10 software and re-install Windows 10. I'm not sure how to do this safely because I have never done this before. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I suspect you won't need to do anything that drastic. Here are two threads where a similar problem seems to have been solved by re-licensing with the original serial number:

http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=97571.0

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop_cs6_suddenly_it_has_become_a_cs6_extended_trial

Failing that, you could try uninstalling and reinstalling CS6, again using your original licence details. If you need the installer, it's here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cs6-product-downloads.html

• 2 weeks later...
Richard, I completed both of your options without success - cleared the task manager items, entered my adobe serial number etc. I have been trying for several months including the help desk (India) still no luck. I'm still missing Adobe Bridge and still being blocked by Adobe's trial offer from easily gaining access to my saved/downloaded photo's. Thanks for trying to help.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all, The Adobe cs6 extended trial offer has been removed by Adobe - no longer blocking access to my saved photo's. This has happened several time in the past (locking me out of gaining access to my photo's) for approximately six weeks. I'm sure Adobe will continue this process in to the future. Once blocked, it's extra work for me to re-gain access to my saved photo's (a back door approach) and then I have to save them in something other than .psd (photoshop) a file like Tiff. Can't remember whether the Adobe attack is instituted every quarter (3 months) or every six months. Good for now - no response is necessary.

• 3 weeks later...

If you can find the IP address that the Adobe "attacks" come from, then you can block that IP from gaining access to your computer in the firewall.

Once you know the IP, or range of IPs it's fairly simple to add them to a firewall blacklist. - Google it if you aren't familiar with your firewall settings or how to see which IP adresses are currently accessing your computer.

IP addresses can be looked up online to see who operates them. Just type "who is" followed by an IP address in the search box of your browser. Unfortunately there's no reverse lookup AFAIK.

It's my opinion that "cloud" computing is the biggest con being perpetrated on consumers at the moment. The number of horror stories of programs suddenly stopping working in just my small circle of friends is incredible. It seems the more expensive the program, the more unreliable access to it is. Just my twopenn'orth.

Edited by rodeo_joe|1