Classic Manual Camera Weekend for Feb. 9, 2017

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone. James, that guy in the snow must be damn good, or plain dumb ! Two (2) 8x10 view cameras & only two (2) film holders? I might consider putting my 6x9 Record CMC folder on his tri-pod. My back spasm's have returned seeing this picture ! Your great shot shows what I was thinking, and doing, in my 30's ! With age comes wisdom. Sometimes ! Aloha, Bill

Still testing. Canon 7 with 50/1.8. On being number one, peeling paint in a discarded urban bus.

FWIW I could not operate the "insert picture" feature with Mozilla, but it seems to work with Chrome.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11/julio1fer/Canon%207/201611017_zpsyjix0wjd.jpg

Edited by Julio Fernandez
  • Like 1

Thanks Paul! Yes, it's a very fine collection of Mamiya 645 bits and pieces. Such complete kits are getting very hard to find, as they're usually split up and sold as individual items. Typically, this came from a deceased estate, the family wanting the outfit to go to "Someone who would appreciate it, and use it". I certainly tick those boxes...

1415126163_CandelariaFarmPetriFT551.4.jpg.25810e218e6da737fe63f853e4c074a5.jpg

Gathering Clouds

Just testing whether the text formatting is better by uploading the file first, then typing my own caption and text below. I hit Shift+ Enter below the caption (no page breaks?). Photo is from a recent roll of Arista 100, Petri FT with CC Auto Petri 55/1.4, yellow filter.

Edited by m42dave

Looks as though we're making some progress. Unlike the earlier attempt to redesign the website, it appears that the people in charge are responding to some of the problems we're encountering. Makes sense that they would because if the site loses members and subscribers, then I would think the advertisers would cut back on their ads. Great images, btw. I look forward to seeing some more as our weekend thread continues.

I was just reading a thread in the Test Postings forum on doing your own paragraph breaks (for now). Try typing your own caption in bold, then type an html line break (<br>) twice, then type your text. When you reload the page, it should look OK. I'll try it again...

Well, we'll take a different tack. This time I've dropped the image in after having typed a few words in this line. I've now returned the cursor to the line and I'm adding text in the usual fashion, and the image drops down to accommodate each fresh line.

Paragraph break? We shall see... Anyway, this image is from the newly-acquired Mamiya 645 1000s, testing the big 105-210mm f/4.5 zoom. I didn't expect it to foot it with the primes in terms of quality, but it does. Quite some lens, indeed. Film was Arista EDU Ultra developed in PMK Pyro.

543599271_PeaceofMind.thumb.jpg.d8bc8c0ce8df2e0d283244dae96ca8c8.jpg