Is KEH good to buy from.

james_f6

<p>Has anyone had experience getting stuff from <a href="http://www.keh.com/">http://www.keh.com</a><br>

I bought two Minolta Prime Lenses to couple with my soon to be purchased Sony A99 due to the fact they are Not D lenses made for crop sensors, so I can take full advantage of full frame. As I only have two current lenses in my kit that are not D lenses that the Sony A99 can take full advantage of.<br>

I purchased a 28mm 2.8 rated at EX+ and another 50mm 1.7 rated at EX+ (as I already have a 50mm with my other camera's.)<br>

My question is based on the ratings, EX+ is suppose to be "Excellent Plus" 90-96% of original condition. Exceptionally nice. May have slight wear on finish but visible only under close inspection. Glass very clean.<br>

Are they pretty accurate with the ratings?<br>

Delivery for $40 seems a bit steep compared to say a good ebay deal, but I do like this one stop shop for previously used gear.</p>

<p>KEH is probably the only place I would feel comfortable buying used gear sight unseen, so yes they are good. I've purchased two film bodies and several lenses from them and never had a bad experience. Their ratings system is very conservative. What they call ugly or bargain would be in pretty decent shape to a lot of people.</p>

<p>I bought a EX+ rated lens from them in July. I've used it extensively since then. Excellent condition. Before I did I researched them extensively on the net. Very highly regarded, and as others have written above, perhaps the best place to buy used stuff.</p>

<p>KEH is my go-to source for used lenses. I've bought quite a few lenses from them over the last few years. I can't tell you what EX+ looks like because I've always bought BGN grade. I've never been disappointed with the condition of any of them. The glass is good on all of them and any brassing or scratches are very minor and you really have to be up close and personal to notice anything. Their customer service is very easy to work with also. I've only ever had one problem, which was a shipping issue where a lens was sent to the wrong address. They shipped out another lens right away with no hassles. I highly recommend them.</p>

<p>As everyone else writes, KEH is the gold standard for buying online when it comes to used photo gear, and I've bought quite a bit of gear from them. Their EX is pretty much what others would call "Like new", and their BGN is more often than not what others would call "Excellent". That said, $40 for shipping two of the smallest lenses in the Minolta catalog seems too steep, did you purchase them together or choose expedited shipping?</p>

I bought them together, and $40 was just the normal fed ex delivery to Australia, if I wanted faster delivery than it would

of cost $60. That said I already got the tracking details and should arrive around Wednesday, maybe Tuesday. So about

3-4 days delivery to Australia via courier.

<p>Either way I am happy, because every time I tried to bid on a good condition Minolta 28mm F2.8 on ebay with shipping, it's always ended up around the $200 plus mark, so I stopped early in the bidding once the lens by itself without shipping got over like $120.<br>

The Keh bought Minolta 28mm with 'shipping' cost me $128.95 (That's not including the 50mm 1.7 which cost me $79.) The 50mm on ebay for an excellent condition usually goes for just over $100, so combined I am pretty happy, especially the price for that 28mm lens.</p>

I had bought a handful of lenses including Minolta 80-200 mm f/2.8 HS, flashes, cables, etc. from KEH in EX(+) or better condition. Once there was a problem that was solved by sending the item (on their dime) and receiving a replacement.

<p>Patrick S is correct, they don't test. The first of this year I purchased a Canon 1ds2 with low actuation and looked mint in box, I bought it off their ebay store so it had lots of photos. Took a few shots and started with the err99. Ended up sending it back and they had it fixed at their expense (my choice, I could have also simply accepted a refund), shipping included, no problems since. The point man for the repair was in constant email contact with me. </p>

<p> </p>