Zooming Problem w/ Photoshop

<p>Hello everyone - Not sure how to ask this (I've attached visuals just in case). The problem I have is two-fold, but I have a feeling it has similar solutions.<br>

Problem #1: When I zoom in and out in Photoshop (command + and command -) the image zooms in and out but the frame it sits-in stays the same size. This just happened randomly. How do I fix it? Please see image 1, 2 and 3<br>

Problem #2: When I use the zoom tool it use to zoom in and out in real time, now it makes a boundary around the area and zooms in or out. Again, it happened randomly. See image 4 <br>

I'm using Photoshop CC 2015.5.1<br>

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. </p>

<p>When you open an image in Photoshop it opens with a box surround. If you zoom bigger the box will stay the same size and the image will enlarge within the box. If you zoom smaller then again the box will remain the same size but the image will show smaller within it. In both cases the actual pixel count will remain the same.<br /> If you open an image and without zooming, crop the image, the box will reduce to the size of the cropped image. If you open an image and zoom then crop the box will stay the same size.<br /> If you open an image and without zooming, change the pixel count down, then the box will reduce accordingly. If you open an image and zoom in or out, and then change the pixel count, the box will remain the same size.<br /> If you open an image and grab a side or corner to change the size of the box then whatever you do to the image the box sixe will remain the same.<br /> It all seems a bit confusing but after many years of Photoshop use I have got used to it. I am use CS2 so other versions may well have other quirks.</p>