365 Day Thread for 2017

OK, did everyone run off and join the circus before it's over this year? It has been the pit's for sure with this ver 2.2 thing. It still is the 20th here in Hawaii, so I will pop something in from the sunday Farmers Market. Trusty Fed-2 / Jupiter-8 combo, UFX400, PyrocatHD & V600 scan.

As an "aside", am I the only one who see's just thumbnails if they do not sign in? I do not think a "newbie" or one browsing thru the site for the 1st time will be impressed by that feature. . . I am not! Aloha, Bill2082827806_2k17-017-021ces10bc.jpg.5a3875071a7c9c5844fa57788d429471.jpg

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'll try to establish the relationship between my time zone and Photo.net's. Given that Photo.net is based in North Andover, Massachusetts, it should be in the Eastern Standard Time zone, and it should now be around 2.15 pm on Saturday, February 25. I'm 18 hours ahead of this, it now being 8.15 am on Sunday February 26, which means Photo.net's new day begins at 6.0 pm in the evening, my time. So, here's a post for Saturday.<BR><BR>

Nikon FE : Tamron Adaptall 2 SP 35-80mm f/2.8-3.8 (Model 01A) : Arista EDU Ultra 100 : PMK Pyro.<BR><BR>Princess.jpg.9e637ac01da1f068397fd7ac60b88a47.jpg<BR><BR>

Princess

• Like 1

<B>Rick,</B> Your "Workzone" photo shows up on my computer as " rick_drawbridge, Today at 7:29 PM " ("Today" = Sunday). On the old Photo.net the time was set to Eastern Standard Time for everyone. With the new improved version each member can set the time for their time zone by clicking on their name in the upper right corner and selecting "preferences" from the pop up. I am on the East coast of the United States so I have set my time for EST, Eastern Standard Time.
James G. Dainis

Thanks, James, I'd discovered that and appreciate your advice. However, I'm not quite sure why individual members would want to work in their own time zone... However, with a 365 day thread there has to be some standard time for the thread, so we can work on a daily basis. My "yesterday" is not necessarily your "yesterday"... Personally, I found EST quite OK, and now Photo.net seems to have settled on GMT/UTC I'm happy with that. I'd still prefer to see a post tagged with an explicit date and time rather than "Today" or "3 minutes ago"; why not "Monday 6.3.17@10.15am"? Or even go to a 24 hour clock,1015?

I liked the EST setting and have changed my forums times to it. I could have an idea of what I was doing when a thread or response was posted. Posted at 03:00 AM meant that I was asleep and a poster would necessarily expect a quick answer except from fellow insomniacs or if he was on the other side of the word from fellow other-side-of-the-worlders.

<BR><BR>Perhaps for this 365 day thread each poster should put the day of the week at the beginning of his post.

James G. Dainis

Sensible suggestion, James; I'll set my time to our local time and see how we go. You'll appreciate that, being (currently) 18 hours ahead of your EST, things can get complicated. I'd always guessed that the majority of CMC contributors were working in EST, and timed my posts accordingly, finding it easier to work in "Forum Time". Great pic of the Star of India, Bill!