Summitar + SNHOO + filter + screw-in hood - vignette?

<p>I've just bought the Heavystar replica of the SNHOO (Summitar to E39 adapter), together with an E39 screw-in hood from the same source. Has anyone tried this combination together with a filter (between the adapter and the hood), and do you get any vignetting? As it's a 50mm lens I'd ordinarily assume l'd be OK, but the stack of all three accessories is going to be pretty deep. The filter will probably either be a B+W in the low profile XS-Pro mount (as used on the 'Nano' coated filters) or an older F-Pro MRC.</p>

<p>I recently picked up the barn door hood for my Summitar, and it's growing on me. Very compact when folded, unfolds and mounts quickly and easily, and doesn't cause big problems with the M6 or IIIf finders. Shades the front element like, well, Hollywood. Looks kind of cool too :-)</p>

<blockquote>

<p>What subjects are you shooting that would be scared away?</p>

</blockquote>

<p><br />Well, anyone who isn't a classic Leica geek might find that thing a bit disconcerting :-) But I guess I won't know unless I try it.<br>

<br />Incidentally, the possibility vignetting has been addressed on the Summitar Flickr group:<br>

http://www.flickr.com/groups/summitar/discuss/72157629885132948/</p>

<p>A couple of people who responded to a similar question about the Heavystar hood don't seem to have a problem. I'll know soon enough - just ordered a 39mm B+W with the XS-Pro mount. The photo pool on that group is well worth a look, too - some very creative use of that (in)famous bokeh.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Shades the front element like, well, Hollywood. Looks kind of cool too :-)</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Hmm, there are a few on ebay for £40...</p>

<p> don't know if you can attach 39mm filters on top of barn door hood. The 39mm Leitz filter mounts seem wider. There are a lot of Summitar filters around, including independent makes like Walz; none coated of course, and some of the B&W filter colours are a bit non standard, but the glass seems flat enough.</p>

<p>The Summitar filters mount and engage to the bard-door hood very nicely. If you use a Summitar thread to 39mm ring, I doubt the hood would mount because the inside diameter of the hood matched the outside diameter of the Summitar, and the outside diameter of a 39mm filter is actually smaller than the outside diameter of the Summitar. In that case, I would use the Heliopan 39mm "Standard" screw-in hood.</p>

<p>Hope this helps.</p>