Leica Visoflex 125mm 2.5 Hektor Repurposed?

evan_dong1

<p>I will in possession soon of a Leica 125mm F2.5 Hektor lens.</p>

<p>I would like to use it on my Nikon DLSR D7000, and if possible on my Mamiya 645 or Hasselblad 2000/200 series body.<br>

Would this possible and which brand of lens mount adapter do I look at?</p>

<p>I was told to look at Fotodiox, as they make short mount lens mount adapter plats that will allow me ot continue to use these older Leica lenses in a digital world and hopefully on a Medium Format camera.</p>

<p>Thank You in advance to all,</p>

<p>Evan Dong</p>

<p>Rayqual is your manufacturer, Cameraquest an easy place to get it:<br>

https://shop.cameraquest.com/rayqual-visoflex-adapters/rayqual-leica-visoflex-lens-to-nikon-f-slr-camera-body-lens-adapter/<br>

Also, if you find the Leica Visoflex to Leicaflex adapter, you can get replacement lens mounts for the back of that from Leitax.<br>

No idea if that Hektor has enough coverage for medium format. Certainly no off-the-shelf adapters for that.</p>

<p>It won't work for medium format. I somehow doubt it will on a Nikon too, but probably would on a Canon using the M-R adapter + R to EOS adapter, but this won't be much use to you. I say this as Nikon DSLRs are generally not good platforms for lenses with other mounts as the flange to sensor distance is problematic. Happy to be corrected by any Nikonista...</p>
Robin Smith

<p>I did use my f4 135mm Elmar lens head on the Canon 5DII using the correct Visoflex focusing mount (OTSRO) and Leitz matching Viso tube plus the M to R adapter (14167 I think) and the R to EOS adapter. But I somehow do not think it will work for Nikon as you cannot use R lenses on the Nikon F mount and retain infinity focus, and the Viso + M-R adapter etc is equivalent to an R lens in this case.</p>
Robin Smith

<p>I have one, and it definitely works on a Canon. I have seen them on eBay rarely, modified for Nikon. it could be adapted for medium format, something a am planning to do for my Hasselblad, but I will lose infinity focus and need a custom m39 to m43 adapter to get the closest fit due to recessed rings on the 125. It should work for closeup images, maybe even creative portraiture and contribute that amazing glow.</p>

Yes, Robin, it does. I bought a Cinese adapter for a little over $100 that is m42 to Hasselblad,which seems to be very well made. I am

going to have Grimesx machine the m39 to m42 adapter taking into account the channel made for the UBIO. I also have a Russian Helios

85mm f 1.5 that is alreaddy m42, but needs to have a tripod mount removed and some surgery to get the rear element closer. I will

probably get to it after the Holidays.

<p>Charles,</p>

<p>Please keep us posted! I would love to extend the use of these older Leica lenses onto my Nikon DSLR if possible.</p>

<p>IF not, then port it for my Leica M4-P. If I do plan to use it on my Leica M4-P, what exactly do I need to make this lens work?</p>

<p>For the Hasselblad 2000/200 series, I want to see of the FotoDiox adapter works. One of my friend had one of these adapter for his Visoflex 200mmF4.0 Telyt. Works like a charm...</p>

Evan, a Visoflex will work best wth an M4~P for the 125. I don't think the Helios would work, but it is adaptable to a Nikon, if you can give

up infinity focus with a vintage one, but they make new ones with a Nikon mount that dose infinity focus. Robin, it is a special lens and I

have gotten some great images from it I'll post one bellow. Mine is an export model that is engraved Made in USSR. It has a huge tripod

mount and is very heavy with a stop down manually preset aperture, but I mostly shoot it wide open.

I had a Hassy lens mounting block machined to take screw mount lenses and used the short focusing mount for 90 and

135 focal lengths on my 2000 fcm when prices for Hassy lenses were beyond my reach when the fcm first came to market. A

Kilfit 90 macro Kilar was my normal lens. Two other lenses I used, and still do, are a 180 Olympic Sonnar and the Nikon

copy modified to f2.5. The 500 Telyt also covers. The mounting blocks used to be easy to come by since they were

chunks of aluminum threaded to take Hasselblad micro lenses. I don't know if they are still available. Have fun!

<p>Hi Robert,</p>

<p>Whom did you use for the lens modification? I have at least two of these Hasselblad lens mounting block...</p>

<p>I have two older Pre-Set CZJ 180mm Sonnar 2.8. Not bad of a lens.</p>

<p>Which Kilfitt 90mm lens do you have? Model # 219 or Model #24?<br>

Can you post a photos of this lens modified?</p>

<p> </p>