Exposure Compensation

<p>Hi,<br>

Does the camera automatically change the ISO setting when you are using exposure compensation with a basic compact camera in the Auto mode?<br>

Also, will the camera automatically change the ISO setting in the P, Aperture priority or Shutter priority mode? (when you use exposure compensation)<br>

Thanks in advance for your replies.</p>

<p>Keith</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I would think this depends on the actual camera at hand. Different manufacturers probably have different settings for automatic. All the cameras I use have a separate auto-iso function that allows me to set parameters for iso selection. Turned off, only one iso setting is used. For your camera, it is probably time to dive into the user's manual for that camera.</p>

<p>Keith, your digital images should have EXIF information embedded in them. Some cameras can read this, and if not, a number of viewing programs can, including the freeware Irfanview. The easiest way to see exactly what happens with your own camera is to take some pictures and then look at the EXIF which will tell you the settings, including ISO.</p>

<p>The DSLRs that I know don't change the ISO in P mode, but do in the full automatic mode. <br>

I usually use P, as I don't want changing the ISO. <br>

(Also, in the full auto mode, they tend to turn on the flash when I don't want it on.)</p>

<p>But compact cameras might be different.</p>

-- glen