Classic Manual Camera Weekend, July 8

<p>Its been a while since i've been active here. I've been working with 4x5.. actually taking a large format class. But thats over and done with. Now I have a backlog of classics to try out!<br>

Here are a few from a Canon II rangefinder and a Canon 28mm f2.8 ltm</p>

<div>00e2Xz-564175584.jpg.626ffe06dce59faa056a7d0c1052f756.jpg</div>

<p>Latest hack, Argus sandmar 100mm made by Enna of Munich for the Argus C3 I think. It has the neat inscription US Occupied Germany on it. Cool little lens for what it is and very clean, optically it's meh though. I used an ltm thread mount to Fuji x adapter paired with a glued Minolta sr aftermarket body cap. This was drilled in the center and had the lens pressure screwed into the soft body cap plastic. Works well, but as mentioned not a lens I would bring to anything important.</p><div>00e2ay-564192784.jpg.975d95ea1adac82531cf986d3d46822e.jpg</div>

<p>Developed my first roll from my excursion through Eastern Europe. My first day in Latvia I walked into a cafe where the owner had about 40 feds, zorkis etc on display. After talking he gave me a Smena 8M. It is inexpensivelly made but I read the lens on it is quite impressive. 21 million produced. The most in history for any single model even any single instamatic. Not meant to be a cheap camera but one for students and novices to learn. I found it to be the most convenient and fun camerra on this trip. Working backwards these are from Prague with Afga CT Precisa slide film 100 ASA. All shots I had to guesstimate distance and shoot on the run but I think this camera performs well</p><div>00e2jW-564225884.jpg.a7f875c1ff7cde903130e5098f300151.jpg</div>