Need Help With Lens For Real Estate

vu_zen

<p>Hello, I'm new to the photography world and am finding that I rather enjoy it. I work in real estate and have a Canon EOS Rebel T3 with a 18-55 mm factory lens. I come across several instances where I need to take pictures of smaller rooms and this lens just isn't cutting it. I need a wide angle lens with auto focus feature that lets me take clear pictures of smaller rooms.<br /><br />I've looked into this a little and one place I came across mentioned the Sigma 10-22mm wide angle lens is preferred with real estate photographers. Does anybody have any thoughts they can pass my way either regarding the Sigma lens or a different lens that's easy on the budget but will work with my camera and do what I need it to do? Any help with where I can purchase from would be great as well. Thanks.<br /><br />Jefferson</p>

<blockquote>

<p ><a href="/photodb/user?user_id=5567608">Brett W.</a> , Aug 23, 2016; 06:16 a.m.</p>

<p>instead of the Sigma look at the Canon 10-18mm STM</p>

</blockquote>

<p>That's the lens I used when I was shooting real estate. It's ok but at the wide end you may need to do some straightening of curved vertical structures.</p>

<p>The Sigma 10-20mm lenses are just fine, and are less money than the Canon version (look them all up on Phtozone.de), at the bottom line.<br>

A tripod, however, and judicious panoramic merges in post-processing may actually yield results more to a client's taste than the apparent "distortions" of an ultrawide.</p>

<p>A used Tamron 11-16 is quite adequate and also inexpensive. Not the absolute best in terms of quality, but it works for me in documenting architectural interiors and does not have much distortion when kept absolutely level. I bought mine used for under $300 US. I understand it is comparable to the Sigma.<br>

Two things to keep in mind with any UWA lens: Keep the lens absolutely level to avoid perspective distortion, and keep the objective lens clean, since any bits of dirt or smudges will show up in your images.</p>