Can a Epson V600 120 film holder be used on a v500

Hi,

Quick question and confirmation before ordering.

I have an Epson v500. I have the stock 120/Brownie film holders for it. The stock holders only allow

for 2 6x9 to be scanned at a time.

I noticed the v600 120/Brownie film holder has a larger opening for the film. Which I believe allows for

3 6x9's to be scanned at a time.

Can someone here confirm if the v600 120/Brownie film holder also works with the v500?

Everything lines up, little markers match etc etc.

tia,

- chase -

<p>V500 scans medoium format strips of 6 x 12 cm or two 6x6's However, I wonder if that's just because the holder is short. The V500 takes 4 slides which is nigger than 6x12. http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product/Specifications.do?UseCookie=yes&sku=B11B189011#Scan Specifications<br>

V600 scan medium format strips of 6x22 cm. I can scan three of my 6x7 shots at one time with my V600. But that is less than 27 cm you would need for three of your 6x9's<br>

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?sku=B11B198011#Scan Specifications<br>

<br>

Try laying the negative flat on the glass and see if you can get three in the scan. Let us know how if works out.</p>

<p> <br>

</p>

I was looking at the 35mm slide holder as well. It's a

much larger scan area than is given in the 120/Brownie

holder.

Someone modified the 35mm holder by cutting out the

center piece that holds film over on Flicker. They did

that in order to be able to scan the holes in the film.

I also did a search and they are selling the v600

120/Brownie film holder as compatible with the

v500/v550/v600 and one other I believe.

The same as with the v500 120/Brownie film holder.

Compatible with said scanners.

I'n light of that, I said the heck with it and ordered a

couple from Compass Micro.

Still not big enough for 3 6x9s... but I have a bunch of 6x6, 6x7 as well so it won't go to waste.

I'll give that a try with the three 6x9's on the glass and let you know the out come.

<p>In response to Alan's comment:</p>

<p>The actual scan window on the v500 after just measuring it comes to 82x270mm. So if 3 6x9's equal a total length of 27cm it should by all rights scan 3 at a time.</p>

<p>The v600 120 holders just arrived. It fits perfectly, nested in tab B I think it was on the scanner bed.</p>

<p>I haven't scanned anything yet as I haven't cut any of my rolls for archiving. They're all full length still. I was waiting to see what I could scan versus best archival strip length. I may choose to cut my 6x9's in pairs anyway so I don't have a single frame left at the end.</p>

<p>When looking for a scanner years back I was really hoping to pick up the v4990 as it has the capability to scan full sheet transparencies. But with my budget, and no one turning loose of one used, I picked up the v500 on sale as a display model from Comp USA when the v600's came out. Minus everything. AC adapter, film holders, manual, software. Considering I just got the AC adapter and film holders over the past couple months, and when Comp USA when out of business. You can see, I've been waiting a very long time to bee able to get the parts it needed and be able to use it.</p>

<p>I'd still like a full bed transparency capability as I shoot 4x5 as well, but for now at least I can scan my 120 in.</p>

<p>It'll be interesting to see how well they scan in.</p>

<p>Thanx for the input guys.<br>

- chase -</p>

<p> </p>

@ Alan Klien - I'll have to see

what camera does what.

I just checked a roll from one

which is a 6x6 format; the 6 on

the length of the roll includes

half the border width.

One of my 6x7's is just the

opposite, in which the image is