It would be great if you could share your experiences

with shooting film (film and film processing chemicals

for BW availability)? Is it easy to obtain materials and

chemistry these days? I imagine online ordering is the

best way? I typically shoot tmax range from kodak

processed in xtol.

Many thanks!

Pat

<p>If you go to China for vacation, better bring all your film with you, then bring it back to develop<br /> If you plan to long stay in China, you better buy you film and chemical thru B&H, Adorama or Freestylephoto.<br /> You may try buy online from Taobao in China, but they do not accept Visa or Mastercard,payment is <br /> a problem, unless you buy thru third party like 86daigou.com. However even you may be able to buy Tmax,Iford, Acros B&W film from Taobao, it is more pricy then B&H.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Thanks a lot for the reply Martin. We are likely to be relocating for a couple of years. I generally stock up once a year or so so online orders would be fine. I don't want to abandon the analogue medium unless it's an absolute pain, like difficulty obtaining chemistry shipping restrictions. </p>

<p>You can buy everything on Taobao. If you are coming for long term, you'll probably have a local bank account, so payment is not a problem. Kodak, Ilford, Fuji etc. films are all available, and you'll find chemicals as well. I wouldn't bring anything with me. I use 120 format Tmax 100 and HC110 developer, and don't have a problem getting them.</p>

<p>For budgeting purpose, you need to add entry fee for tourist attraction spots, and hotel cost<br>

these more than double since 2011 our last trip to China, Each trip last about 35 days<br>

The biggest problem however is the never ending crowds, some tourstis commented, everywhere people, people, people, that they lost interest in photographying.</p>

<p> </p>