Classic films

<p>I wonder if a forum for discussing classic, such as old outdated film that some of us use, would be worth adding.</p>

<p>It seems more and more the question of how to expose and develop older films comes up.</p>

<p>I don't see a forum for proposing new forums, though.</p>

<p>Often they end up here, but the newest one is in "Beginner Questions" </p>

-- glen

<p>Well, if you use the outdated (classic) film in a classic camera it's very much at home in this forum. For example, I had a thread a few years back where I exposed a roll of outdated Panatomic-X (expired 1964) in a Konica Auto S of similar vintage. Of course you could also post in one of the film forums as well. </p>

<p>well this is sort of a timely thread; just the other day i was going thru some stored boxes and found several rolls of expired Tri-x (2000) and one box of Plus-x (1974). Will be anxious to use them soon to see what i get...</p><div>00e3mG-564438884.JPG.f0e28b10c80919c50911eddf2327a475.JPG</div>

While I don't disagree.. it seems old or found dated film is a bit happenstance and is more related than a

subject all it's own. I may be wrong too.

I (unfortunately) foresee a future of fewer films available and some treasured few formulas being limited

releases by the big houses. What if Kodak made again Verichrome Pan? This would not be impossible.

Or offered limited releases of Pan X or Plus X. Sort of like McDonlads Los Wochos or something?

<p>there were many more types of film available<br>

whjan I started out.<br>

mstly B & w mut many manufacturers as well.<br>

I remeber anso that was often put down.<br>

I purchased a 36 exp roll of ansco 32 and sent it to binghampton for processing.<br>

the resulkts were excellent.<br>

I liked to old kodachrome 10 - not natural but very nice.<br>

there were others such as perutz and possibly others I never trid.<br>

I used more B&W than color film as kodak did not make color print film in 35mm when I was most active.<br>

todayit seems to be all color print film ( if you are still using film)<br>

and I still see a nead or is it a wish to have kodak mak more than tri-x.<br>

unfortunately kodak has fallen on hart times<br>

and I do not know if there will be kodak film in 5 or ten years.<br>

I this the fault of govenment policies? failing to protct american companies.</p>

<p>I know there is always ilford and possibly the hard-to-find european films.</p>

<p>After wwII many tried.<br>

Our local company Anken tried buty appartently their 120 and 127 films went bad in a few months.</p>

<p>dynachome made a valient effort<br>

but I was looking the other way when they made "kodak compatibvle" color prit film.<br>

of was it ansco that tried that, I missed most of that era.</p>

<p>I believe Anscochrome was often less expensive, especially if bought in bulk rolls. Probably depended on the vendor. An uncle and aunt of mine, who were very thrifty, used Ansco products for many years. By the time Ansco film sold as GAF, my uncle and aunt had switched to Kodak. My dad shot a roll or two of Anscochrome using the 120 roll film back on his Crown Graphic. Some of those slides survived (6x9 size) and still look quite good.</p>

<p>As a kid, I too used Anscochrome for economy. You could buy the processing chemicals in 16 oz. kits while Ektachrome chemicals only came in 32 oz.</p>

<p>Then one day I was in some small town, needed film, and the only store only sold Kodachrome, so I splurged and tried a roll. OMG, as the kids say. I never used Anscochrome again.</p>

<p>While I never tried Anscochrome in any of my cameras, I did shoot some Ansco black & white (I'm guessing All Weather Pan or whatever film Ansco sold in 127 during the late 60's). My dad gave me a 25 roll box of Ansco black & white to use with my Sears 127. </p>