New lens

famico

<p>Sitting here waiting for the big brown truck to bring my latest toy - a Rokinon 7.5mm fisheye lens for my E-M1. Not really a big fan of FE work, but wanted to at least give it a try myself. Saw one on sale at B&H, so ordered it. Should be an interesting adventure.</p>

<p>Hi, I was ambivalent about the Nikkor 16mm f2.8 before buying it, but after seeing it written up on 1000 and One Nights and learning that it did not flare easily and was best used at f8 (though not necessarily at f8), I bought it. And, it's true that some people will criticize the distortion in your pictures with it, but I have used it for picture agency sales and other topics. And, if you want to capture most of some scenes, it'll do it.c Also, with it on my D800, I can use a very small bag I bought at Walmart for $14.00 with no heavy carrying at all.</p>

<p>I agree with Jamie. I've had the Samyang version (essentially the same lens I think) for about a year and a half. The edge-to edge sharpness is unbelievable for what is basically a budget lens. Also the distortion is less distracting than with some other fisheye type lenses. This would be because it uses stereographic projection (as opposed to the conventional fisheye spherical projection) which certainly can be made to give fisheye-type distortion in the corners, but can also be deployed to minimize visible distortions (as in Jamie's example).</p>